Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
In Times Past + MQ pic

Posted by geezerfolks (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 20, 09 at 11:43

These blocks were sent to me to do something with. She called them Chunky Bloomers and I couldn't figure out how they were to go together, so put them like this. I'm calling it In Times Past because the fabric reminds of the aprons my mom and grandma would wear.
In Times Past 42"X54"

This is a picture of the back that shows my feeble attempt at machine quilting.....lots of room for improvement!
Back of In Times Past
Sharon

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: In Times Past + MQ pic

Pretty quilt, Sharon. I really like the yellow border. May I ask, is the quilting a decorative machine stitch or a quilting design? It looks lovely.

Are you going to keep this?
TFS.
~Geraldine

o

Thank you, Geraldine. The quilting is just me moving the quilt around on my regular sewing machine. I used the darning foot, didn't lower the feed dogs and it moved pretty easily. If you notice, I mostly followed the seam lines but am now thinking about filling in the blank areas. I'll keep it until a need comes up for it. @:)...it's approx 46" X 54" so not very big.

Sharon

o

Is this your first time machine quilting? Good job!
Salijo

o

Thanks, Sal, yes, this is the first time quilting loop-de-loops. I think I'd rather have them bigger so the next time I'll use a marker to give me some guide lines.

o

Great first time! I'm still trying to get the courage to do one. Just hate to think of ruining a perfectly beautiful top.

o

maggie sue, You can practice by sandwiching some fabric together and making lower case e's and capital L's. As you can see, I still need to practice....

Sharon

o

I think your quilting looks great Sharon!! I had a hugh prob trying to get the tension right on the backs.
I finally did as you did and left the dogs up and it is better (for me!!).
Rosa

o

Thanks Rosa, Glad you could use the info.

Sharon

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here