Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Here's my latest QOV top

Posted by geezerfolks (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 10, 09 at 10:46

I was planning on scattering white stars across it but thought it needed to be done after the backing is on. This is going to a friend in CA to finish up.
Photobucket
Sharon

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Here's my latest QOV top

That's beautiful Sharon -- it will be wonderful with the stars.

Geri

o

I agree it is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!
And yes the stars will be perfect.
Rosa

o

That is beautiful, I really like the idea of the white stars.

o

Thank you.....I was going to wait, but am working on the stars now. Various sizes...I'll take another picture when I get them on.

Sharon

o

Ok, I need to know how that quilt is made. Most times I can look at a quilt and figure it out but not this time. It is great and I love the idea of the white stars.
Vicky

o

Somehow I missed this original post...but I think the stars are a great idea too!
Salijo

o

Vicky this is the same pattern I used for the Salad Bar Basket Weave I made a couple years ago. I think Beverly's daughter made a quilt using this pattern, too.

Cut rectangle at 4 1/2 X 6 1/2 inches and strips at 1 1/2 X 6 1/2 inches. Sew narrow strips to long sides of rectangle so you get a 6 1/2" unfinished - 6" finished block.

I have eight white stars in various sizes made and ready to be appliqued on.....just no time right now. I really like how it looks.

Sharon

Here is a link that might be useful: Salad Bar Basket Weave

o
pics

Figured I might just as well show the other two I did so you wouldn't have to go searching for them.
Salad Bar Take 2

Photobucket
Sharon

o

Sharon, I think the stars would look wonderful. Looking forward to pics of the finished quilt.

~Geraldine

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here