Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
geezerfolks_sharon

WE Deere John

I'm finally able to get back into sewing.....at least for the next 5 weeks.

DH named this quilt Deere John as it's made with tractors. (chuckle) I think I like the controlled scrappy look of this one better than the total scrappy of the WE frogs.

SharonG/FL

Comments (9)

• vasu_texas
    16 years ago

I love it, Sharon. The controlled scrappy is pleasing to the eye. A nice quick idea for little people quilts.
    Vasu

• glassquilt
    16 years ago

Love the name!!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks, Vasu. It did go fast and is a good pattern for theme fabrics.

glass, DH comes up with some good ones once in awhile. Maybe I'll tell him it's his job to name my quilts! lol

SharonG/FL

• jennifer_in_va
    16 years ago

My son would LOVE it!! Anything tractor is now called a 'john deere'! I too think the name is perfect!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks, Jennifer. I tried to make the TOT fabric go along with farming.....blue for sky, brown for earth and green (although a bit subdued) for growth. Except for the TOT's, they were a bundle of FQ's I bought on Ebay (Judy's friend). There's enough fabric left for another one, but I think it'll have to wait awhile. I have 2 quilts I want to finish (they need quilting) before going up north in 4 weeks, plus I want to get the squares sewn together for the Scrappy Mountains for my DD and her new house. busy busy busy...... @:)

• rosajoe_gw
    16 years ago

Every boy (amd some of the girls!) in my family would love that quilt!!!
    I love the border material you used.
    Rosa

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Rosa, If the border fabric you're talking about is the yellow and green plaid, that came with the FQ bundle and I had to piece it to get enough length. I could have done a better job matching it up at the corners, though.....never even thought about it until it was over and done with. DUH!

• rosajoe_gw
    16 years ago

Sharon I love it!!! It looks perfect to me!!!!!!
    Rosa

• biwako_of_abi
    16 years ago

Perfect for a boy!