Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
geezerfolks_sharon

Scrappy Squares & QST

You'd think the scraps would be on a downward spiral after using a bunch....but no, Seems like I make more than I use up......sigh. Makes life at the sewing machine fun, though. @:) This has 6" blocks, is 40" x 52" and will hang with the rest of the completed tops. Six tops plus 2 needing to be quilted.

SharonG/FL

Comments (8)

• grammyp
    13 years ago

Nice quilt. I just love scrappy quilts. I'll let you know when the long arm gets back.

beverly

• rosajoe_gw
    13 years ago

Sharon it is gorgeous!!!! I have been trying to whip my scraps into some sort of 'organization'. I had white scraps that I couldn't decide what to do with so I'm cutting them into 2&1/2 squares for a scrappy.
    My scrappy pinwheels are cute, but with 1&1/2 squares there are just too many seams. Maybe I'll save them for scrappy bindings in the future.
    Rosa

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, Beverly. Clay said it would have looked nice with grey/white QST, too.

Thank you, Rosa. I'm always trying to organize those scraps. I have some cute jars I've put 2 1/2", 2", and 1 1/2" squares into and trying to decide what is the beginning size for a strip. lol I have some of those scrappy pinwheels too and have been incorporating them with larger pieces in Crumb blocks. I've gotten hard-hearted lately and have been tossing anything less then 1 1/2". There's a box under the table I toss those things into....it's over flowing and all over the floor but it's hidden so nobody sees it. I might have to take a picture. lol

SharonG/FL

• rosajoe_gw
    13 years ago

Sharon I would love to see pics lol!!!!!! I have given up trying to get my sewing room presentable, I just close the door.
    When I was a single parent for 20 years my son's friends said I had the cleanest house in the neighborhood, except for his room of course lol!
    Now I realize I was just stressed and cleaning was my outlet.
    I',m so over it!
    I keep my machines clean and dust free, but my house definitely looks lived in. I just try to make sure the bathrooms and kitchen are clean. And I do make my bed every day. Right now the towels I just washed are on the bed to fold and put away, I have tomatoes and onions on the kitchen table, and I really need to clean the shelves in the fridge.
    Except for putting away the towels (so I can sleep on the bed lol)I am positive everything else will be waiting for me tomorrow!!!!!!!!
    We have had temps 110 with the heat index and it has really made me lazy.
    Rosa

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Rosa, I'll put the picture in here so not everybody will see it. It's hidden in a corner where my sewing desk and a table meet. heh heh heh Quite a sight! I'm LOL cause I dump stuff from the drier on my bed, too.....gets folded when I go to bed and put on the big ironing board and put away as I feel like it. I am sooooo bad! I can understand you having the spic and span house for those years. If Clay catches me cleaning out a closet, he wants to know what I'm mad about. lol Yep, having those high indexes, too. Suppose to have a cold snap over the week-end....low 90's.
    {{!gwi}}

Sharon

• rosajoe_gw
    13 years ago

Sharon I love it!!!! That is not messy at all, you can just reach in and grab some without having to dump everything.
    My mother says cleaning makes her mad lol!!! I was just talking to her and looking at the dust bunnies running across my kitchen floor!
    I found a fantastic cleaner called "Totally Awesome" at the dollar store. I dilute it half water and spray it on everything. It's about $3 for 64oz and doesn't have strong fumes, won't take the color out of fabrics.
    The bottle says as seen on TV and I've never seen it on TV.
    A lady had a bleeding fabric prob after the quilt was washed and she was advised to use it. I really like it, I'm getting too lazy to scrub lol!!!!!
    Love your DP9 strings, I'm going to gave to make one.
    Rosa

• sunnycentralfl
    13 years ago

The bottle says as seen on TV and I've never seen it on TV.

This cracked me up!
    Thanks, Rosajoe AND Sharon for a great post!

Gwen

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Gwen, Rosa and I have found we are very much alike.

Rosa, I'll have to look for that "Totally Awesome" stuff and see how it works with the water in this area. lol

Sharon

Sponsored
Suzan Meredith Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Ashburn's Innovative Interior Designers 2x Best of Houzz Winner