Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Newly Completed Baby Quilt

Posted by pirate_girl (My Page) on
Sun, May 3, 09 at 16:19

Hi Folks,

I finished this earlier this week. It's my first paid commission & I could not be more pleased w/ how it came out. I shipped it out a couple of days ago to my Patron who commissioned it, who's presenting it to the Mom-to-be at a Baby Shower scheduled for today in Nebraska.

Completed Baby Quilt

completed Baby Quilt (Denise)

Completed Baby Quilt

Completed Baby Quilt

Completed Baby Quilt

Completed Baby Quilt

Completed Baby Quilt

completed Baby Quilt

Completed Baby Quilt

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Newly Completed Baby Quilt

That's really cute! Looks like you did a lot of quilting on it, too. It's sure to be loved!

Sharon

o

How lovely. I think the panels make up for some nice blankeees. Deanna

o

Wow, you really did a nice job. Congratulations on your first commission!

o

Nice quilt with fantastic quilting. I know they will love it.

beverly

o

PG,
I love the way you quilted it, the quilt is beautiful!!
I positively HATE MQing short lines.
Did you use the start and finish with tiny in place stitches or did you tie them off??
Rosa

o

I tied them all off & popped all the knots. Relatively speaking, this was fewer knots than most quilts I've made thus far. I was trying to keep things on the simpler side.

The Machine washing & drying (hot, 2x) really kinda 'pouffed it up' nicely, I don't know how else to say that.

Am hooping this will be the first of many commissions. It was actually a stretch for me to do a Baby Quilt as I am not a mother, nor do I have kids in my life. So kids stuff was far outside my comfort zone. I felt the panels really saved me in that respect.

But while binding it on the subway last week, it got rave reviews from a little boy who was maybe 6-8 yrs. old. He pointed it out to his parents, saying how beautiful --

That really sealed it -- success!

o

Pardon my typo, make that -- am 'hoping' this will be ... not hooping - geez.

o

Am happy to report back that this first commission was a complete success.

The woman who commissioned it (my online friend, Denise) for her nephew's wife & their first baby (Kara) was VERY happy with the results. As she put it, she could give them a unique, one of a kind gift & still keep it within her budget.

In a kind & most thoughtful gesture, Denise mailed me a thank you note which contained a color printout of a photo of the recipient (Kara) happily holding up her new quilt at her baby shower; it rocked!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here