Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
geezerfolks_sharon

Completely Crumbs

This was made using all Crumb squares and is going to Haiti. The binding is the backing folded over.....and yes, I played with FMQ on my regular machine.....need lots more practice.

SharonG/FL

Comments (8)

• biwako_of_abi
    13 years ago

That is absolutely delightful! Sure to cheer up everyone who sees it, and especially the happy recipient. Good for you!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you.....Haitians go for bright things, so I think this will work! @:)

• rosajoe_gw
    13 years ago

It's perfect!!! I love it! I completely understand about the FMQ. Every time I think I 'have it' I lose it lol!!!!
    Rosa

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Rosa, One of the problems this time, might have been because there wasn't enough stability. It's just a cotton backing on the Crumbs with no filler because of not wanting to make it really warm. Does that make it a Summer Quilt?

SharonG/FL

• Lea-60
    13 years ago

It's beautiful. I have been thinking about making a crumb quilt and your quilt is definitely more incentive for me.

Lea

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you, Lea. I started out making squares and then put them together....sometimes it got a little out of hand, but for the most part, it worked. @:) Here's another one I did but sashed them.

• barbara_l
    12 years ago

Such a nice way to use up your fabric pieces on hand and help someone as well.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you, Barbara. My daughter took a picture of the girl I sponsored holding the quilt and she had a big smile on her face. I really hate to throw any size fabric away but I'm getting to where I allow myself to toss anything less than 1 1/2" ...... I immediately run my rotary through it to make very small pieces.

SharonG/FL

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts