Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WE Frogs

Posted by geezerfolks (My Page) on
Thu, May 10, 07 at 12:49

I came across a pattern called Wickedly Easy so tried it with some (mostly) $2 yd fabric from Walmart. It takes 6 fat quarters so there's not a lot of $$ tied up in this one. It does go fast, and I like the concept, however, the next one I do will be more controlled rather than as scrappy as this one is. I think the long narrow strip in each block one color throughout and the short narrow strips, 2 colors. I want to get away from the same fabric touching each other, too. I have a bunch of tractor fabric I want to try with this pattern.......
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
SharonG/FL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WE Frogs

Very cute! I have some of the same fabric, but have not used it. Some child will love this.
Carolyn

o

Thanks, Carolyn. Maybe I'll give this one to my nephew to have on hand in his police car. I have the tractor fabric cut and will post a pic of that when I get it done so you can see the difference.

o

Sharon,
Your quilt is adorable.
What a great idea for a police officer to have something like this in his car. It is just the reason for having it that grabs my heart.
I'll be looking for the tractors.
Sally in Louisiana

o

Thank you, Sally. (My oldest daughter is named Sally) I was able to get the tractor blocks sewed together yesterday and I hope to get borders on it today.

o

That's cool!

My guild donates our charity quilts to the Sherriff's department for their vehicles. Quilts are there to be given out to children/women pulled from situtations like battering/abuse, etc. They get to keep the quilt, too. We also keep them supplied with extras, too.

o

What a wonderful idea, to have a pretty quilt on hand for people in trouble, and someone's going to be comforted by that quilt.

o

I like the tractors too, but this one is my favorite.
Rosa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here