Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Newest UFO completed

Posted by gauralady (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 1, 07 at 23:30

I was excited to finally get my daughter's quilt back from the longarm quilter and get it bound. She and I had fun picking out the fabrics in pinks, greens and browns, her favorite colors. I should do a closeup of the back because it was the backing fabric that was the inspiration for the colors and the quilt in general. It is soooo beautiful--wish I'd bought more because I ended up having to piece a little bit on the edges to make it big enough for the top.

Here is a link that might be useful: My daughter's quilt

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Newest UFO completed

Awesome! I'm sure it was a joy to work on this for your daughter. This will give her memories of fabric shopping with you! *S*

SharonG/FL

o

What a fabulous quilt! I love the colors, you two did a great job.

beverly

o

Love it, Love it, Love it. I was just telling my MIL that pinks and browns are a good combo and I was thinking of doing something in those colors. Thanks for the photo it is beautiful and inspiring.

Stephanie in FL

o

Great choice of colors. Nice job.

Liz

o

Great quilt!

TFP
Gwen

o

Those colors are so beautiful together. I love this quilt so much! Im printing it for inspiration. Thank you. Your daughter is very lucky.

Nina

o

Thanks for the kind words. It is so fun to do something that is really loved and appreciated by the recipient--and to cross off another UFO!

o

Stunning! What a beautiful quilt. Love the blocks and the colors. Congrats!

Kelly

o

That is absolutely gorgeous. Love the pattern and the colors. STUNNING!

o

Nice choices for colors and prints. The chocolate browns and pinks go so well together!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here