Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another Baby Quilt

Posted by rosajoe (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 2, 08 at 22:07

This one I made for my niece. The stork looks like he stopped somewhere for happy hour BEFORE he picked up his package(right side block on the quilt). The baby was due anywhere from February 14th to March 8th (??) and has not arrived yet. I like to make baby quilts, they are small enough to finish in time so I'm not bored with the project!!!!
Rosa

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another Baby Quilt

How precious is the Precious Baby Boy block!!!! If you keep showing quilts with embroidery in it, you're going to cost me some money! Great quilt......

SharonG/FL

o

Sharon I love playing with my embroidery machine. I had a white tee and I found a lovely zebra to embroider on it. There are so many free designs, but it does cost to get everything you need.
My niece has the older Disney Brother and it still works great, they are less than $300 now. The newer ones don't have Disney drat it.
BUT, when you add all of the 'extras' that you need it is going to cost you another 200 to 300.
It was my retirement gift to ME!!!!!
Rosa

o

Beautiful quilt. I love the embroidery--it really makes it so special.

Geri

o

Rosa,
Your baby quilt is so cute. You did a great job and it is such a treasure for the little one.

I have a Brother that has all the Disney things. If I knew how I'd be glad to give them to you as I almost never use them. It is really a shame how little I use mine but I do have lots of patterns-many free from the net. I actually put a design on a small pillowcase I made this morning and I am thinking of making some burp pads for a new grandbaby of one of my DH fellow employees.

I can only do 4" designs but yours look much bigger. I have a friend who does larger designs and she would gladly let me use her machine but I still like hand embroidery.

TFS
Sally

o

Thank you Sally, from what I have read they only work on that model of Brother.
Mine is a 5x7 hoop, it just appears larger in pics. I made burps from flannel for my niece to use. I don't think a new mother can ever get enough burp cloths!!!!!!!!!!
Rosa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here