Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
SBSue playing with Manatee

Posted by geezerfolks (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 29, 08 at 16:52

I was putting things away and couldn't leave her unfinished til I got back from up north....I still need to sew around the manatee, but it'll get done later....it's been an off day.....I did a load of laundry and forgot to put the clothes in then I made a pot of coffee and forgot to put the lid on the basket.....so, I sat on the couch and sew Sue.

Photobucket

SharonG/FL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: SBSue playing with Manatee

She's a cutie!

o

What? No bikini? She is still cute.

beverly

o

LOL, Beverly! It never entered my mind. I did think, afterwards, I should have put her in a wetsuit to look like she was swimming with them like they do here at the springs.

o

Sharon I love the material and your applique is perfect, it actually looks like you appliqued the manatee over Sue!!!!
All of my FL fam are hugh manatee fans.
The first time I met one was in Miami many years ago and it scared me when the manatee swam right up to me.
They are either very curious or friendly, or both. My DD and DGD's were being pulled by ropes behind a slow moving boat and manatees came up and played with the ropes. They loved it.
Rosa

o

Rosa, I actually slit the fabric around the manatee and slipped the bonnet and dress under it. I left one 'arm' attached to the fabric. They are really big up close, eh?

SharonG/FL

o

wow thought i posted in here long time ago, too cute!
wondering how all your sue bonnets comming? the mooning one is still my fav lol. are you putting them in one quilt?

o

Hi christy, When/If I ever get them completed, they'll probably go in one quilt. I haven't done any since I returned back home and Sue is pretty low on the priority list at this time. I'm trying to work on Christmas.....however, I have some pink fans that I'm using for a skirt with a SBS bonnet. It makes for a cute block for a little girl quilt I need to make. I suppose it could pass for Sunbonnet SueBelle. lol

SharonG/FL

o

Back to the top

o

Okay Sharon, what's up! I have gone back and looked at all your very cute SBSs but you must have more done that you haven't posted or are you trying to refresh your memory on what you have done? LOL don't tell me you have lost SBS!!!

You now have my full attention and I am sure many others that check in here once in a while. Just what's up Hu Hu!!
Jeane

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here