Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Glassquilt Pictures 2

All pretty, but how I love "There's no room for me"! Were any of these quilts lost in the fire? I hope not!

o

I LOVE the one with the animals on it - but I bet it would freak my real cats out if they jumped up on it! It would be fun just to torture them!

Donna

o

I love the ones with the cats on it. Colleen

o

I had not seen "No Room For Me". I love it. How did you do the fish fins? They look transparent.

beverly

o

These four quilts are safe in the kid's houses.

The fish fins were embroidered with a satin stitch using verigated thread. I traced them on Sulky Solvy and did free motion. Bubu, the white fish, also has a gauzy fabric. I added SIL's fish because his side of the quilt was so empty. All the animals are/were their pets since they got married. They are on the quilt where they sleep/slept in real life on DD's side.

The two cats are Mama's kittens. Samson was a toy poodle. He slept in a small house made especially for him and the door had to be closed before he'd go to sleep. The other animals that are together were buddies.

I paper pieced the body of the gray cat that is with Samson to get the tiger look & appliqud the detail on the face. That was way too much work for me so I pieced the rest with a blanket stitch and then did thread painting for the dog hair. The cats & dogs have name tags. They & the fish are trapunto-ed

o

Great quilts!!! I love how you personalized them....and, I'm glad they were not in the fire.

SharonG/FL

o

Very nice and what an imagination you have.
Kathi

o

Oh, that one with the pets on the quilt - so clever!! I'm so glad those quilts still exist!

o

Thanks for the story behind the quilt. That is very creative of you.

beverly

o

How clever and creative you are. Love those appliqued pets. They would never need to be let out.

o

Absolutely amazing applique!!! I love all of them, but the Log Cabin is my favorite.
And then I look again at the Tumbling Blocks!!!!Rosa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here