Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another Scrappy Flower Basket....

Posted by geezerfolks (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 25, 07 at 14:54

plus Heart comfort quilt for a friend. One thing I've started to do is to use a tight zig-zag to tack within the blocks when I don't want to take away from the 'look' of the block with a stitching line.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
SharonG/FL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another Scrappy Flower Basket....

Cute! I really like the one heart block, but it seems a little lonely.

~ Kit

o

Kit, That heart block was one I had on hand......yep, it was an orphan so put it with the baskets....Scrappy Baskets with a Heart! @:) I'm trying to use up what I have stored up. Wait til you see the brights with black strips I'm working on......wooooohoooooo It's kind of illusional. I have 7 orphan cake stand blocks I might incorporate into that one, but not sure yet.

SharonG/FL

o

Sharon, the heart looks like it was made for the quilt. I can't wait for the brights with black, that is my kind of quilt.

beverly

o

I really like both your quilts. The heart block says to me it was done with love. I also saw the one with black and brights and it is beautiful.

Sally

o

Thank you. The recipent loved it and hopefully the docs will be able to take care of her other blockages before it's too late.

As you can see, I'm trying to use the fabric (and scraps) I have on hand rather than buying this year.....except when someone wants something specific. I guess this year will be called, The Year of the Stash.

SharonG/FL

o

The heart does not look at all out of place to me. On first glance, it blended in just fine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here