Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
geezerfolks_sharon

Shamrock Tablerunner

I'm late with this for St Paddy's Day, but at least it's done. It's going into the pile to send to the Cousin's Retreat in October. I want to make 12...this is #4 and I have 2 more in the works. The shamrock is satin stitched.

SharonG/FL

Comments (4)

• nana24
    16 years ago

Sharon,
    It is very nice.
    What is a cousins retreat? I'm guessing like we have in the summer when all the grands come; they are cousins and last summer my sister's grands joined us for 2 days. Total of 7 cousins between the ages of 5 and 12. They had a ball.

Is your cousins retreat children or adults?
    Are you going to give the table runners away?

Our kids fish, swim, boat, water ski, ride the raft and just play together.

Sally

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks, Sally. The 6 girl cousins get together once a year so they can stay in touch. After growing up and moving to different states, plus the deaths of some of our close family members, they realized they wanted to make sure they stayed close. They range in age from 25 to 48 and this will be the third year they've done it. The first year they rented a cabin in Brown Co Indiana.....it's gorgeous there. They play games and have prizes, go shopping and really have a fun time. Last year, with money tight for all of them, my sister offered her house in MN for them to meet and she and my BIL took off for the week-end and left my 90 yo mom there to babysit and play with the cousins. They all were really close to her as they grew up, so it was good for all of them. Yes, I'm giving them the table runners and want to make extra so the wives of the nephews can have one too. The first year I made them all fleece caps and last year I sent dishtowels with the same design so they would think of each other when they used them. I'm calling it, Aunt Sharon's BHH project.....I figure years down the road they'll say, "Aunt Sharon made this, Bless Her Heart." @:)

• rosajoe_gw
    16 years ago

I love it Sharon!!!!!!!! It is a really great looking pattern and so versatile.
    I also love the BHH project idea, and I'm sure they love the thoughful hand made gifts.
    Rosa

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you, Rosa. i like this pattern, too. I have a patriotic block that i want to use for the center to make another one with this pattern, then I'm going to have to 'branch' out to some other designs. I'm thinking about appliqueing a big pumpkin with leaves and vines onto some fabric with fall leaves on it.....think that would work?

Sharon