Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More Pix, Old & New Quilts

Posted by pirate_girl (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 14, 07 at 13:19

Here's a variety of stuff:

After workshop w/ Kaffee Fassett in Oct. '05 (pls. ignore blue edges, which are from another quilt lying underneath on my design wall) called "Harvest Gold"

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Small piece w/ HSTs of complementary scraps called "Complementary HSTs" (12" x 12")

2 Early Studies in solids observing the workings of value placement:

Peach/Salmon Value Study

Blue/Green Value Study

"Banners on Point" my first work w/ blocks set on point (w/ "Complementary HSTs" hanging off its bottom, lack of space)

"Floral Mozaic" pieced blocks on point w/ quilting extending beyond the inner border into the outer border

2 Pillow cases done in Seminole technique (one pillow in actual use)

I'm Sorry the pix are small, they're old pix, taken one w/ a disposable camera. While I'm still using a disposable camera, am trying to take current pix better & more close up. Part of the learning curve I guess.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More Pix, Old & New Quilts

From what i can see they look nice.I thought if i clicked on them they would be larger,but it just takes me back to photobuckets home page.
Kathi

o

Small can be good. I find it easier to get the allover feel with thumbnail size pictures.

o

Nice job. Love the pillow cases. You have certainly been a busy bee.

beverly

o

Thanks gang, made me feel better abt the teeny pix.

Grammy, not that busy, these have been works over a number of years; pretty busy on multiple works now though, you know ... so many quilts ... so little time!

o

Gee, thanks for sharing all your lovely quilts. I am so happy you are not hiding all that beautiful work!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here