Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
geezerfolks_sharon

Flower Baskets

I finished this last night.....not my normal brights. Had started it in Jan, but somehow I took February off from quilting. I like the brown baskets (not sure but is this really called Cake Stand?) with the brown handles. I think I might have liked it better switching the brown ones in the center/ends with the 2 pinks that are in the center. Oh well, tis done now and it's on to the next one.

SharonG/FL

Comments (10)

• scraphappy
    17 years ago

I like it! Love basket blocks, anyway, but that brown and pink look pretty together.

• rosajoe_gw
    17 years ago

I love it just the way it is!!!
    You make such beautiful quilts!!!!
    Rosa

• grammyp
    17 years ago

Love the brown! It looks more like a basket than a cake stand to me.

beverly

• csackett
    17 years ago

It looks great! I've always loved pink and brown together. It looks like baskets to me. Great job!
    Carolyn

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Scraphappy, Thank you.....I had never made baskets and then sort of got addicted to them.....I have more blocks made...enough for another quilt!

Rosa, Thank you very very much. For you to say that is a great pick-me-up!

Thanks, Beverly. I agree.....I never did think that Cake Stand pattern looked like a cake stand. Wouldn't that look great with some flowers appliqued between the handle and the basket? But, I don't do the A word if'n I don't have to.

Carolyn, Thank you.....I like pink and brown together, too. I delivered it today and she was pleased with it.

SharonG/FL

• nanciii
    17 years ago

Sharon,

I never made a basket till someone asked for one in the birthday swap. They can be addicting. I really like your basket very nice.

Nanci

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you, Nanci. I have 11 more made and am in the process of putting them together with a heart block for a Canadian friend. I think they'd probably look better on point, but I haven't gotten to that stage in my life yet. @:)

SharonG/FL

• fran1523
    17 years ago

That's charming. I've never done a basket block myself. The colors are very nice together.

• lucyh_quilts
    17 years ago

Sharon, that quilt is just lovely the way it is. You have done a great job on it and your color choices are just great. I love browns and pinks together. I think it gives the quilt a very romantic feel to it.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Fran, I had never done a basket block either.....after the first one, I kinda got carried away. I have fabric cut out for a few more blocks, but I think the 'passion' might be over with for now. I'll keep them handy though, just in case.

Thank you, Lucy. I've been doing bright quilts for so long that I thought it was time for a break. Although, the kids (and a lot of the adults) really do like the brights! The recipient is sort of a low-key gal, so I thought this was more appropriate for her.

SharonG/FL