Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sorority quilt

Posted by adpi4 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 8, 08 at 10:52

Here are some pix of my quilt I made for my neice who recently joined a sorority (Alpha Xi Delta). I donated it to the chapter. I spent a huge amount of time digitizing their crest & badge, and while it is hard to see, the applique gals have their own badges (one has the new member and the other has the "quill"). There is a heart shape with a girl holding a teddy bear (one of their symbols) and another with their philantropic organization's logo. The "sorority flower" is a pink rose, so I used a chanille strip product to contruct 3D pink roses. THe back side has the 10 founders' names embroidered in gold stars (because their "offical flag" had 10 gold stars to symbolize the founders).My thought was for the girls to sign the back to add their names to the those who started the organization.
>

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sorority quilt

What a fantastic quilt! I do hope they appreciate all the planning and work that went into that one. It should be hung in a place of honor in the sorority house. Congratulations on a very nice quilt.

beverly

o

I agree completely with Beverly's message!
Barbara

o

That is gorgeous--a true treasure. I hope it's well appreciated.

o

thanks for your kind words.. I can't take full credit I modified a pattern from a book and used a different book (same author) for the applique gals...I was pretty excited how it turned out. I don't have any girls, so my nieces are the lucky recipients of my work.. I am going to have to start another sorority quilt for my other neice...

o

WOW! Very, Very nice!

Vicky

o

This is wonderful. Like Grammyp said hope they have a small idea of how much you put into this. You have a right to be extremely proud of your work!!

Welcome to the forum!
Sally AKA Nana24

o

Beautiful!!! I know how much time goes into machine embroidery, I can not imagine trying to digitize too!!
Rosa

o

......you KNOW they can't grasp the amount of time and effort on your part that went into the making of this wonderful quilt, but WE do, and are suitably impressed! It is absolutely fabulous....

o

WOW, what a wonderful gift. Hope they find a great place for it to hang. You are so generous! Jill

o

Ditto what GrammyP/Beverly said.
Kathi

o

A great job. You have to be very proud of your efforts as your niece and soroity members must be. You used a lot of immagination and creativity to create such a wonderful gift. TFS Jayne

o

What a fantastic quilt! I know how much time goes into machine embroidery congratulations on a gorgeous quilt!
Red

o

You sure put a lot of detail into the quilt. I also ditto what Beverly said.

SharonG/FL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here