Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Adding a picture here ((testing)

Posted by pirate_girl (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 21, 07 at 17:43

Trying to learn hoe to do this: an old quilt (when I was still a pretty new quilter: called "Rhythmic stripes".

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here is a link that might be useful: http://w41.photobucket.com/pbwidget.swf

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Adding a picture here ((testing)

Another oldish pic: me, an early quilt (was an Xmas quilt which I re-colored) and a favorite Sansevieria plant.

Here is a link that might be useful: KRSternberg's Photo album, all rights reserved

o

Those are quite lovely.

Stephanie

o

Thanks, Stephanie.

I'm a lurker here, posting once in a great while. I just learned to post these pix, 1st time, am very excited about it.

I hope to add some more pix in the next week or so as practice in doing this. Clearly, I don't have the link part right!!!

o
RE: Another oldie picture ((testing cont'd.)

Another oldie but goodie (approx. 15" wide x 12" high):

Very special as I batiked this myself using Procion dyes on silk & then quilted it: 28 yrs. ago. Was a sample for a wedding quilt for friends which I decided not to make for them after all.

The grey/green had been a darker, brighter forest green but in the intervening yrs. it faded; interestingly the earth tones faded much less than the grey/green.

Another older quilt, about 12-15 yrs. old when I was teaching myself to quilt.

Sorry for the less than great picture quality, was taken w/ disposable camera.

o

Thanks for posting. Nice quilts.

Gwen

o

I love the colors in all of them. They're beautiful. Come on, show us more of your work!

o

Very nice! Yes, show us more!

o

Hi Folks,

Thanks much for the encouragement & kind words, OK, due to popular demand ;>) I've made another post just above this w/ more pix of some newer works.

Pls. excuse that the size of the pix went a little wonky, don't know how to control that yet.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here