Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another little quilt....

Posted by geezerfolks (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 27, 09 at 16:14

This is a 'what was I thinking?' quilt. I know I put it together during one of the times I just needed to sew without thinking and apparently, that's what I did! The strip blocks are leftovers from a Warm Wishes quilt. I really like the back though.....I was saner when I did that.
Going to RMH
Photobucket

This is going to RMH......SharonG/FL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another little quilt....

It's cute, Sharon. What is RMH?

Bonnie

o

Bonnie, Ronald McDonald House. I always intend to donate to various places and this year I would like to donate at least every 2 months. I figured for the RMH in Indianapolis, they could use some smaller ones and put them in the bags they give out to families when they come in.

Sharon

o

Aww.. little kitties. I like the colors and the pattern on the front reminds me of Tetris.

o

I like it. It's very eye-catching; center looks like some kind of hieroglyph. Like the kitties fabric on back too

o

Sharon I love it!!! The front reminds me of a puzzle.
I know many that have found comfort in the RMH during hard times, it is such a wonderful gift.
Rosa

o

Speaking of, since you are from Florida you may have heard about the two girls in the parasailing accident out there a while back. Those were my nieces and my brother always talks about how good the people from Ronald McDonald House were to them during that time. Life can be kind of messy sometimes and it is nice to know that you have people that are kind and generous and really want to lend a helping hand. Once I get through making sure my immediate family has at least one gift from me then I would like to make a few to send to them as well.

o

Thanks everyone.

aezarien, I do remember hearing about the parasailing accident! At which RMH did your brother stay?

Sharon

o

I'm not precisely sure about that. I am not sure how it all works but the girls were at Broward Med. My best guess would be that it would be the closest one to there but I am not sure if they have districts or something like that.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here