Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sunbonnet Sue for January

Posted by geezerfolks (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 20, 08 at 15:40

I'm going to try and do a Sunbonnet Sue block depicting each month....some of them will be Bad SBS as in this one for January. I think she's just fed up with the weather and ready for Spring flowers..... @:)

Sunbonnet Sue-January

SharonG/FL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sunbonnet Sue for January

Sharon,
She is really cute!
And the snow is still coming down.

Sally

o

She is so cute. Do you have patterns for the months or are you making them up as you go?

beverly

o

Thanks, Sally. Her mittens, hat and boot trim is fleece and the snowlady's eyes and nose are beads. If I'd have put the hat up farther, there might have been room for a smile or a big 0 in the surprise of being kicked over. @:)

Beverly, I'm using the main pattern and then plan on making it up as I go. I got this particular idea from the Bad Sunnbonnet Sue site. I just thought of an idea for Feb - make her clothes in heart shape fabric and put a Hershey kiss shape in her hand.....maybe I'll work on that today.

I've been practicing satin stitching and I think my biggest problem (since I learned which numbers to use on my machine) is that I can't think of which piece to do first.

SharonG/FL

o

That's a really cute block.

o

That is really cute!!!!! I haven't mastered applique on my machine but yours looks great.
Rosa

o

Thanks Geri and Rosa.

Rosa, I played around with the stitch width and length on my machine until I got something that I could live with. I just did it this week as I've been doing all my applique by hand up until now. I thought with them being so whimsical and fun, doing them on the machine would be ok.

o

She isadorable and it sounds like you had lots of fun making her.
Jean

o

Thank you, Jean. And I did have fun making her. I've almost completed another one with Sue on Spring Break (Girls Gone Wild) and am playing around with an idea of Sue at the beach with a manatee.

SharonG/FL

o

She's too cute, Sharon.

doris

o

to the top....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here