Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
geezerfolks_sharon

Bunnies & Bears

This is what I worked on this week along with a few things on my list. It's a Disappearing 9-Patch except I put a full block down the center then half a block on each side. This is for 8 month old great-granddaughter Addison. When I made the first quilt in April for her, I didn't know she was a she and I wanted her to have a soft looking girly one. @:)

SharonG/FL

Comments (16)

• salijo
    15 years ago

That is so pretty. I love those colors together.
    Salijo

• grammyp
    15 years ago

It certainly is girly, I love the gold and blue with the pink.

beverly

• aezarien
    15 years ago

That is too cute. I have two blankets I need to make for a friend having twins and have no clue what I am going to do yet. We always did Mickey and Minnie but they love Winnie the Pooh as well so maybe I should look for a print like you have in your other quilt...

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you....I'm in the process of doing the label and hope to get it in the mail next week. I really like how well the colors came together.

SharonG/FL

• rosajoe_gw
    15 years ago

So pretty and girly!!!!!!!!
    Lucky you Sharon, all I have been making lately has been for boys.
    Another due at the end of March and it's a BOY lol!!!!!!!!!!
    I still forget to make labels.
    Rosa

• aezarien
    15 years ago

It looks very snuggly. Makes me want to curl up with it and take a nap myself.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you for the nice comments. I see I was so intent on getting the gold squares where I wanted them that I didn't see the fact I could have made it a little more balanced! Live and learn....

Rosa, We had 3 grandsons before we got a girl.....yeah, she's spoiled....but then, so were the boys. lol That's my job!!!!

Sharon

• bonnie_nmi
    15 years ago

Another cute quilt, Sharon. It looks so snuggly!! You are zipping right through those goals, short month or not.

Bonnie

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks, Bonnie, I had to do something to help me focus. Going month by month is better for me than looking at a long list of UFO's....I would crawl under the covers and hide!

Sharon

• gininmn
    15 years ago

Very cute and I love the colors you used.

• jennifer_in_va
    15 years ago

That's adorable, Sharon!

I follow your way of thinking....one thing at a time!!

• lots2do
    14 years ago

Sorry to bug you but can you re-explain how you made this one? I can't quite get it and it is a lovely quilt.
    Thanks,
    lots2do

• lots2do
    14 years ago

Oh, to clarify, did you make a regular 9 patch first? Or did you do a variation of it?
    Thanks again,
    lots2do

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I made the regular D9P, sewing the four squares together after cutting the 9-patch for the center of the quilt. On the sides, I used the 4 squares without sewing them together. Just put them on each side til it looked ok to me. Hope this helps......

• lots2do
    14 years ago

Thanks!
    I think I figured out why it looked so different to me.
    Is this how you pieced your initial block?

print/green/print
    white/yellow/white
    print/green/print

I wanna be a D9patch queen (or a princess at the very least).
    Thanks again,
    Kelly (lots2do)

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    14 years ago

You got it, Kelly! You'll be on the Royal Court soon! I think part of learning is to look at a quilt and try to figure out the pattern.

Sharon