Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another I Spy

Posted by geezerfolks (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 9, 07 at 22:47

This is the first time I did this type of layout with an I Spy. I used some of the squares from a swap here at THS.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
SharonG/FL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another I Spy

Simple layout, yet so striking! Those look like really, really narrow sashings!! Yikes! Great job!

o

Thanks, Jennifer. I cut the sashing at 1" so they ended up at 1/2"....I didn't really need the width, but I did the length. There are so many possibilities using novelty fabrics!

SharonG/FL

o

Could that be an I-spy Around the World? I really like the narrow sashing. I have made several crib quilts with novelty and wide sashing before I had sooooo many in my stash. I think I will do the next one with the narrow one.

beverly

o

Around the World???? I guess it could be...sort of, kind of.... @:) The narrow sashing certainly helps to use up more squares making more things to spy.

SharonG/FL

o

Sharon,

That's Wonderful!!

Love the sashing, and yellow too!

You did good.

doris=^.^=

o

I love that. The narrow sashing looks great...just enough to separate all those busy fabrics.

o

Somehow I missed this one. It is a striking way to make an I-Spy. The pictures really stand out. It would have been hard for me to make such narrow sashing look so even. Nice job!

o

I'm getting where I like the narrow sashing for I the Spy quilts. It isn't difficult at all and I've learned to cut my strips the exact length (or width) of my blocks and sew them on rather than the EB way I used to do. That way, I 'know' those blocks are the correct size when I sew the sashing on, and if they aren't, I can do something about it at that time. Some of the I Spy blocks are a little larger than others, so it pays to be careful and make sure each block is the same size.

I am soooo anxious to get home and start sewing again!

SharonG/FL-MN

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here