Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
geezerfolks_sharon

Fish Panel inspired by Teresa

This was my first attempt at using a panel and also my first attempt at meandering. I did the meandering in the panel only. Maybe the more I do it, the better I will like it. It ended up being 52 X 72 before quilting, and, in hindsight, I should have put another row of squares on each side. Next time, there will be more things to take into consideration.

SharonG/FL

Comments (12)

• ddavisgray
    17 years ago

Sharon, What a great quilt!!

The fish panel is darling, and I love the colors you chose!!

You did a wonderful job.

I love it!

doris=^.^=

• rosajoe_gw
    17 years ago

I love Sharon!!! It is so colorful.
    Rosa

• teresa_nc7
    17 years ago

That looks great, Sharon! You took the idea and made it your own. Well done!

Your weather sign says 62F????? And I'm freezin' here hovering right at freezing. Brrrrrr...... Dust the spare room 'cause I'm headed your way.

Teresa

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you, Doris. Until I hit upon that light green to go with the blue, I was wondering if I would find the right combination.

Thank you, Rosa.

Teresa, It was a challenge, that's for sure. I think once a panel is cut to the proper size, it goes more smoothly. I have a few more panels I'll be doing eventually.

Sorry about your weather......no spare rooms here.....in fact, my sewing area is the back part of the living room. We do have 2 sofas that open up into queen size beds and one of those blow-up mattresses, though. @:) I really hate having to go to MN at this time of year. Talk about brrrrrr!!!!

SharonG/FL

• suntoadmom
    17 years ago

Love it! Cute panel and I like the way the 4 patch frames it.

Stephanie

• scraphappy
    17 years ago

It looks like a little pond with fish, surrounded by tile - I love it! The blue in the border just sparkles! Very pretty!

• nanciii
    17 years ago

Very Cute....I love the bright colors.

Nanciii

• marcia_m
    17 years ago

Very nice! I'll bet the meandering gives a nice suggestion of water, too.
    Marcia

• msmeow
    17 years ago

Sharon - it's soooo cute! You did a great job. I didn't like meandering at first, either, but I found if I slow down my machine and just relax and go with the flow, I like it a lot better. Plus it looks better, too!

In re. the weather ladies - I live near Sharon (central FL) and I was just outside. It's been gray and rainy for 3 days, the wind is blowing HARD and it's dang COLD - I'd guess in the 40s w/o windchill. So, it's not always great weather in FL!

Donna

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Stephanie, This layout is something I look forward to doing with the other panels in my stash. The only thing is getting the squares to line up with the panel.

Scraphappy and Nancii, Thank you.....

Yes, Marcia, the meandering did just that! In fact, the girls even commented on it.

Donna, I have no problem slowing the machine down as I have a control for that.....it's the 'relaxing' part when doing something new..especially when it's for someone else. I'll get there.......eventually.

It has been cold, eh? Right now we're sitting at 50ú but at least the sun is shining today. I get so down when it's gloomy outside for more than a day. In fact, I've sewn the end strips of fleece that I've cut off projects (at least 60" wide) together and have been wrapped up for the last few days.

SharonG/FL

• teresa_nc7
    17 years ago

Sharon, and anyone else wanting to make this quilt -
    The center panel should be 23" x 23" square to make life easier.

I'll add the link to the free pattern.

Here is a link that might be useful: Animal Crackers pattern at Quiltmaker magazine

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks for the link, Teresa.....

SharonG/FL