Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Don't Look, Salijo!

Posted by geezerfolks (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 16, 10 at 15:49

This is for DD's birthday in March...been working on it for 3-4 years....she chose the spice hued fabric and I already had the Palomino background fabric....which I ran out of so ordered more, and of course it wasn't the same, but brighter! I put a good sized brownish red border on it and took it to Camp Cheerio in 2008 for suggestions because the border had such big waves a person could have surfed on it! You know by that, that I didn't measure but just started sewing. Since that time, I do it differently. OK....cut most of it off. I really don't care for how that one end looks, so added another row of mountains in hopes the eye would be drawn to that end and not the other end. I finally finished the top today and it's ready to send out to the quilter.
Sally's Spice Mountains
SharonG/FL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Don't Look, Salijo!

Nice! I won't tell her.

beverly

o

Sharon that is gorgeous!!!!!! I love the pattern and the colors.
I'm going to tell her LOL!!!!!!!!!!
Rosa

o

HA HA HA.....you are so funny, Rosa! I'm sending it to a gal in Indiana I met a couple years ago. She's doing the quilting, supplying the batting and backing and will see to it that the binding gets done....I'm sending fabric for that which matches the narrow brownish-red border. Hopefully, I'll get a picture when it's done.

o

Sharon, that is gorgeous...You did a nice job and I think the colors are perfect...Judy

o

Sharon may I be so rude and ask about how much the shipping will be, and what method?????????
I want to make a quilt for my sis, but I'm thinking it will cost$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to send it from Georgia to California.
Rude Rosa!!!

o

Rosa, I don't know how much it will cost as I haven't sent it yet. It's 60" X 90" and I'm sending the binding fabric, too. I might send it UPS as we have a friend who owns a UPS store. The flat-rate boxes from the Post Office work well, too. I got a ton of stuff crammed in a medium flat-rate to send to Beverly, so those boxes hold a lot!

Sharon

o

Thanks Sharon. I know the employees at our small PO so I may take a quilt in and see what size box it fits.
Rosa

o

Does this quilt have a pattern name? It looks like something my nephew would love, and I've been searching for something he might like. Congratulations on finishing it - what an achievement! -- from someone who has more UFOs than FOs..... ;)

o

Hi, blueiris! Thank you for posting....I saw this pattern at quiltville.com.....I love that place! Bonnie calls it Scrappy Mountain Majesties.

This quilt has been quilted and it's ready for the birthday girl. @:)

SharonG/FL

Here is a link that might be useful: Bonnie's Scrappy Mountain Majesties

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here