Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
12-31 diet/exercise

Posted by grammyp (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 31, 06 at 19:56

Here we go with a fresh year and a fresh start. Lets start simply again. I have not been really faithful with my daily movement. I do manage to get an hour about 3 days a week, but it is really important to get at least 30 minues a day. Our first goal will be to get 30 minutes of additional movement each day. We can find an exercise program to watch, walk around the block, jump rope, treadmill, ... anything that will get us moving. We can even divide it into three 10 minute periods, just so we get it done every day. Move it to lose it!

beverly

Here is a link that might be useful: Randy Glasbergen Cartoon

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 12-31 diet/exercise

I'm with you, Beverly! Move it to lose it!!!! I can do about 10 minutes of basketball (drizzling today though) at a time so that'll work. Will need to do something else today....maybe do the mile DVD thing.......

(no more cookies....no more cookies....no more cookies!)

SharonG/FL

o

wooohoooo.....no weight gain from Dec 25th to Jan 1st!

I'm having trouble getting the full 30 min movement in during the day, but today will be better!!!! Mainly cause I plan to be walking around Home Depot to pick up shelving supplies for DH to put up in the closet so I don't have to unload all the tubs of fabric to get to the bottom one! He suggested it after the louvered door came off the track while I was stuffing it all back in. Ah, yes, life is good. *smile*

SharonG/FL

o

Well, I weighed today and I have lost the pound I gained over Christmas/New Year. That is good. Now back on track for the rest of the year. We went for a bike ride Monday. The temp started out at 46, so DH decided to wait till after lunch and ride at the warmest part of the day. Right, at 11 it was 54, not bad, but by 1:00 it was 49. I froze my tushy off!! Gotta get some better gloves.

beverly

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here