Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
abbigail,how are you?

Posted by day2day (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 18, 07 at 13:01

Brenda, I was wondering how you are. I know you miss your husband, and I am thinking about you and hoping you are okay. Hang in there. God bless.
~Geraldine

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: abbigail,how are you?

I had a much better day yesterday. I cleaned the house some, moved papers from one pile to another (organized clutter!)I actually played one of the song from his services by Brad Paisley and Dolly Parton which made me feel better. They have a beautiful song titled "When I get to where I'm going". If you listen to the words it will bring comfort to you. At least I think it helped me. Bob struggled with Multipe Schloris for 34 years and then the cnacer for over a year so he had lots of struggles with his health plus life's everyday struggles. The song tells you that these are shed away. It helped me a lot to hear that again. Thanks so much for asking.

o

That's a lovely song.

Here is a link that might be useful: lyrics: When I Get Where I'm Going

o

Thanks for the link, glassquilt. The lyrics brought tears to my eyes.
~Geraldine

o

Bob was very close to his granddaddy who passed away when Bob was about 10 or so. People always said that as long as Bob was alive that his granddaddy was too! They were so much alike. Thanks for the link glassquilt. It's really a beautiful song if you have a chance to hear it.
~Abbigail~
Had another bad day yesterday, I'll try for a better one again today. ~Abbigail~

o

Those are such beautiful lyrics. Brought tears to my eyes too. I had a dear uncle who had multiple sclerosis. I have one memory of me as a little girl looking up at my tall, handsome, young uncle in his army uniform but most of my childhood he was in a wheelchair. He lived with my grandfather and two single aunts on GF's farm near our house. I spent many hours with him as I was growing up, visiting with Uncle Tony, playing guessing games (animal-vegetable or mineral, whose are these initials?) while they did the haying and farm chores, and many other times just because. He died just after I finished college and he still holds a special place in my heart.

Hugs to you, Abbigail.
~Ginny

o

I havent looked in here for awhile. Just saying hi to all of you and wishing you all the best. Love, caroline

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here