Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Our New RV

Posted by sew_self-taught (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 9, 07 at 19:47

After our trip to Aunt Nets this summer DH and I decided we wanted more room than what our truck camper had to offer. So we finally took delivery of our new 5th wheel this week. We stayed at an RV Park near the dealership for two nights to make sure everything worked right. I even baked cookies in the oven, just to test it out. Well, we did eat them all that night too. The day we got it they gave us this big lesson on how to hook it up to the hitch. The next day we took it back to have a satellite dish installed. Would you believe that evening THEY hooked it back up to the truck, DH started to drive it away and SLAM the RV was not hooked up right and crashed down on the bed of the truck and destroyed the tailgate. The whole RV was just barely resting on the very back tip of the truck. This was quite upsetting! I dont even want to think of the damage if the RV fell all the way to the ground. All of that happen right at the front door of the dealership. We are not sure yet if there was damage to the new $3,000 hitch. The RV looks okay. We left the truck and the RV with them for repair and inspection. You bet your booty they are fixing everything. They are a very reputable dealership, so Im not too worried that they wouldnt make sure everything is safe. So the start to our new RV has been a little disappointing but we are still excited to have it. We ordered one with a free standing table so Ill have plenty of room to take my sewing on the road. If we ever get on the road. One nice thing the factory goofed and installed a flat screen TV. We didnt order it with a TV, we were gonna just put one in ourselves. I thinks its 32" or bigger. We have our satellite TV and my sewing space and so much room. I just love roughing it. All we need to do now is learn how to back up with it. (Once we get it back again that is).

Nina

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Our New RV

Congratulations!! Beautiful 5th wheel

I'm jealous.

o

Congratulations, I know you will love it once you get used to roughing it. Look at the bright side, things will get better now that it has had it's first accident.

beverly

o

I see a road trip on the horizon... Congratulations. grace

o

Congrats Nina,

You will love ruffin it. We have -3- slides on ours and it feels like home (almost), Sorry you had a nightmare with the hitch, usually on the plate they know where is locked down you can feel it catch. And like you said that dealer would be fixing everything.

Nanci

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here