Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sew_self_taught

Our New RV

sew_self-taught
16 years ago

After our trip to Aunt NetÂs this summer DH and I decided we wanted more room than what our truck camper had to offer. So we finally took delivery of our new 5th wheel this week. We stayed at an RV Park near the dealership for two nights to make sure everything worked right. I even baked cookies in the oven, just to test it out. Well, we did eat them all that night too. The day we got it they gave us this big lesson on how to hook it up to the hitch. The next day we took it back to have a satellite dish installed. Would you believe that evening THEY hooked it back up to the truck, DH started to drive it away and SLAM the RV was not hooked up right and crashed down on the bed of the truck and destroyed the tailgate. The whole RV was just barely resting on the very back tip of the truck. This was quite upsetting! I donÂt even want to think of the damage if the RV fell all the way to the ground. All of that happen right at the front door of the dealership. We are not sure yet if there was damage to the new $3,000 hitch. The RV looks okay. We left the truck and the RV with them for repair and inspection. You bet your booty they are fixing everything. They are a very reputable dealership, so IÂm not too worried that they wouldnÂt make sure everything is safe. So the start to our new RV has been a little disappointing but we are still excited to have it. We ordered one with a free standing table so IÂll have plenty of room to take my sewing on the road. If we ever get on the road. One nice thing  the factory goofed and installed a flat screen TV. We didnÂt order it with a TV, we were gonna just put one in ourselves. I thinks itÂs 32" or bigger. We have our satellite TV and my sewing space and so much room. I just love roughing it. All we need to do now is learn how to back up with it. (Once we get it back again that is).

Nina

Comments (4)