Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jenniferoh

Update on LindaOH: Out of Surgery/Doing Well

jenniferoh
16 years ago

Hello. This is the first time I've written on here. I am LindaOH's daughter. =) She wanted to make sure that one of the people I contacted was this message board to let them know that she came out of surgery just fine and is already looking great!

I cannot believe how quickly she is recovering & her nurses have glowing reviews of her vitals and all that. She had surgery this morning at around 7:30am, we were first able to see her at 11:30am (when she was a bit groggy) and then again at 1:30pm (she looked great, just a little tired). Her doctor has said that she will probably be released tomorrow, maybe even straight from ICU.

If I know my mom well, she'll be itching to be back on the computer and visiting all her quilting sites & forums soon. ;) In the meantime, I will try to keep you updated with any changes.

Comments (12)

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    16 years ago

Thank you so much for the info, Jennifer! I had it on my calendar about Linda and was waiting to hear. I'm glad she's doing so well!

SharonG/FL

• noocha
    16 years ago

I'm really glad she's doing good. Thanks for letting us know.
    another Linda

• mum_in_africa
    16 years ago

Jennifer,

Good on you for jumping in to talk to us.
    Great news about your Mum, give her our love. It is awesome to hear she is making such an outstanding recovery. Thank her for thinking of us all at this tricky time

Anne

• redpenny
    16 years ago

Thanks for letting us all know I'm really glad she's doing good send her my best for a speedy recovery!
    Red

• nana24
    16 years ago

Linda and Jennifer,
    Thanks for the good news.
    Wishing for a quick and successful recovery.

Sally

• maryliz
    16 years ago

Linda, I'm praying for a complete recovery and looking forward to seeing you on the forum again soon! MaryLiz in Michigan

• jenniferoh
    Original Author
    16 years ago

She'll be getting out of the hospital today at around 3pm & was sitting up eating yesterday for dinner so I am betting she'll be online in a few days.

Thank you all for your thoughts & prayers!!

• lindaoh_gw
    16 years ago

I'm back! I am feeling much better today. Still a little light-headed but I am able to get around on my own. The first day home I needed help getting up but can manage on my own now. I am not allowed to lift anything over 5 pounds.
    I am so glad to be back and will probably do more reading than posting for a few days.
    Thanks for all your well-wishes. This a great group!
    Linda OH

• kathryni
    16 years ago

Linda,
    I'm so glad to hear that you are home and doing well. Hope you continue with a speedy recovery. Kay

• redpenny
    16 years ago

Glad you are back Linda hope you feel better soon!Keep reading and follow your Drs orders. from MOTHER HEN Red hhehehe!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    16 years ago

Linda, Glad to see you posted!!!! I was going thru some of my quilt books and found one I bought when I lived in Indiana called Quilts of Indiana - Crossroads of Memories. It looks like it was put out by The Indiana Quilt Registry Project, Inc. If you want it, you can have it....or give it to your quilt guild. I'll bring it up in June.....if I can remember. (chuckle)

SharonG/FL

• lindaoh_gw
    16 years ago

Sharon, I would love to see the quilt book. I could read it and then give it to the guild if you like. That's if we both remember!!lol
    Linda OH

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals