Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deannabsd

missing our exercise incentive- Grammy p where are you??

deannabsd
17 years ago

I don't know if anyone else has noticed that we have missed our encouragement to exercise and eat healthy. I hope that you haven't givenup on us grammyp.

I need to boost down my eating as 10 of us at work are competing to NOT GAIN over the holidays. DON"T BE A HOLIDAY HOGGER!!

Hope you are all well. Deanna

Comments (5)

• grammyp
    17 years ago

All is well Deanna. DD had her baby on the 30th so I was pre-occupied. Then I worked extra and just got side tracked. DH had some adjustments made to the bike and we couldn't ride for a week. But it is back and we are riding again.

Thanks to the diet organizer and the riding I have now lost a total of 23 pounds. DH has been very supportive and encouraging (he has to be, it is a tandem bike). I have learned you can eat all the turnip greens, steamed squash, and ripe tomatoes you want and not get many calories. I still eat about 6 times a day, sometimes only an apple, but it gives me something to look forward to. According to a friends Fitday diet program if you cut your calories by 600 a day you will lose about a pound a week. If you add exercise you will lose more (and can eat more). When planning your Thanksgiving dinner think raw/steamed vegeies, meat without sauces, no dressing (sorry, loaded with calories, and small quantities. Sorry, no advice for desert on your own there.

beverly

Here is a link that might be useful: {{!gwi}}

• lots2do
    17 years ago

Wow, Beverly! Good for you!
    I'm going to have to jump on this bandwagon. I've decided that maybe the reason I like snowmen so much is that I'm starting to look like one. Forget the pear type, apple type, I'm definitely looking like a snow woman!
    :)Kelly
    PS Could you remind me about the site with the diet organizer please?

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    17 years ago

I've hesitated to post cause I'm doing sooooo badly on this weight loss thing! If I look at the long run, I still weigh less than I did at the first of the year...not much, but a few pounds less. It seems all I want to do is sit at the sewing machine and sew (I finished 2 xmas tops yesterday and cut fabric for another one)....it's almost like I'm driven to do that.....sew and shop for fabric ... that's what I want to do....exercise? Walking around the fabric store....I do park at the waaaay end of the parking lot, though. I sometimes go out and do the basketball thing with DH for a few minutes, so I guess that counts.

SharonG/FL

• deannabsd
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I am glad that all is well, grammyp. This is really the time of year with these darn short days of daylight that I too want to just sit and sew or scrapbook. I think I will go out for a short walk this morning before mass. Have a good week everyone. deanna

• grammyp
    17 years ago

You are right Deanna these short days are not good for getting exercise in. And the cold forces us to wait till the middle of the day if we want to do anything outside. Very discourageing. Before long we will all have cabin fever and go stark raving mad. Well, maybe not really, but sometimes it feels that way. We must all be careful not to fill up on chips, cookies, cakes ... you know the tasty stuff. We can all make it thru Thanksgiving if we just use moderation, drink lots of water to keep us feeling full and keep moving. Here is the website for the diet organizer. The first 14 days are free. If you decide to keep it you can pay on-line and they will give you a code to enter. This one doesn't figure the number of calories you need to cut daily, but if you e-mail me I can look it up on the other program.

beverly

Here is a link that might be useful: Diet Organizer for Kelly

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz