Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
geezerfolks_sharon

Daylight Savings Time

I associate the 'time change' with winter and depression. I slept in til 9am this morning......DH came in to see if I was alive.....I was awake, just didn't want to get up. It's sunny today, but still only in the low 60's and I hate closing up the house....I need windows and doors open unless the AC is on when humidity is high. I've been working on a scrappy quilt (my first)...maybe that's why my mind feels all mixed up.....or maybe it's because I've been trying to control it.....AAAARRRRGGGHHHH...anyway, it's done and I'm going to sew all 20 of the blocks together and put it away......

SharonG/FL

Comments (12)

• nana24
    16 years ago

Sharon,
    It is now almost 5 o'clock but my body clock still says 6. The thing I like least about this time change is my DH will not get home until it is dark or very close to it.

Hope you got lots done on your scrappy quilt. Looking forward to a picture.

Sally

• grammyp
    16 years ago

Sharon, I feel your pain. I have had a bad case of the blahhhs today. Just can't seem to get going, lovely weather, sunny, cool, dry (really dry), leaves are lovely, and I am sitting around cause I just can't seem to get motivated. I have had the air conditioner off for the past week and just open the windows. The fresh air helps some. We are going to my parents Thursday so I can get my machine back. Perhaps that will cheer me up.

beverly

• gininmn
    16 years ago

Sharon, hope with getting your quilt done and with some sunny weather you'll soon be over the blahs. The time change along with dreary weather often affects me that way too. This time I haven't had time for that. DH and I just got home Saturday night from a very nice vacation so I'm been real busy trying to get things washed, dried and put away to think about it. I've been up this morning since about 4:30 because I am serving as an election judge so need to be there before 6 a.m. It is a dark and cold morning; last night there were snow flurries.

Ginny

• vicky4x4
    16 years ago

I'm not adjusting to well either. I wake up at 4:30 because my internal clock says it's time to get up. But I have been working very hard on my daughter Christmas quilt and got it finished yesterday! Now I have three other projects that HAVE to get done before Christmas and I would like to make three doll outfits for my granddaughters but I'm not at all sure that will get done.

Vic

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sally, I didn't work a lick on that quilt yesterday...me bad. Maybe I'll do it today......I'll post a pic of the top when I get it together.

Beverly, Getting your machine back will help. You'll probably have lip prints all over that baby! @:)

Ginny, Good that you had nice vacation. Snow flurries???? I'm too old for that. My sister lives in MN and she would like to move. She's been there 2 years and is waaaaay ready. Mom lives with her and hates it that she can't get the slider open to go out on the deck in the winter time.

Vicky, Good for you for getting your daughter's quilt done! I have a quilt that just needs the last borders on it and it's been sitting here for over a week! I really need to do that today!!!!.....along with a lot of other stuff.

Maybe I'll get dressed before noon today.....Sunday, I didn't get dressed at all! The sun is trying to shine and it's barely over 50 degrees at this time. Maybe I'll go for a walk today....DH made me a walking stick about a year ago out of a broom handle.....works for me......

SharonG/FL

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Newsflash! My SIL called and is going down to her apt in St Pete for a few days and invited me to go along. Why not!? I'm all packed and am taking some handsewing...I know she doesn't have a computer and I doubt she even has a TV. I didn't even know she kept an apt there til a couple of months ago.......guess I'll see what's happening down there and what she does there......oh yeah, she bribed me with Red Lobster!

SharonG/FL

• nana24
    16 years ago

Sharon,

Have great fun and tell us about it when you get back so we can be jealous!!! :)

Sally

• lindaoh_gw
    16 years ago

Sharon, that sounds like fun! I'm sure it is lots warmer than here in OH.
    I went to Appleseed Quild tonight. We had a guest speaker, Jean Biddick and we met at the Allen Co. library. No business meeting or show and tell, just the speaker. She is the author of "Blended Quilts". It was very interesting and inspiring.
    I probably won't go next month. I am having surgery next Tuesday and don't know how long it will take to recuperate.I plan to be off work for 3 to 4 weeks.
    I have been working like crazy to finish some quilting projects. I finished my mystery quilt that I have been working on all year. Our last class was on Saturday, putting on borders, and I finished mine when I got home from the class. The deal was, don't miss any classes and have it finished by the end of the month and it will be machine quilted free. I turned mine in Monday afternoon.
    Hope you are feeling better!
    Linda OH

• maryliz
    16 years ago

Why does DST make it seem darker than ever? Just when I get used to the position of the sun vs. the time on the clock, it's time to get all confused again. It makes me feel disoriented.

Maybe your next quilt should be something cheerful, with lots of yellow and summery colors. :-)

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sally, Ok...got back this afternoon. I don't even know how many thrift stores we combed thru! I bought a couple plastic containers to put a project in so I can at least see what I'm (not) doing. Found 1 1/2 yd Tampa Bay Devil Rays fabric and they only charged me 99 cents! Good fabric, too! I finished a couple bags that needed some handsewing done on them and read a couple books. Other than that, I slept a lot (she did, too)! Couldn't believe it! Yesterday we woke up around 8 and ate a bagel....went back to bed and my cell phone woke us up at noon!!!! Thursday night we played Bingo and had fun. Oh yessssss, what a nice retreat....looking over Tropicana Field, seeing parrots fly around from your window, watching black and white movies (a couple starring Red Skelton - what a hoot), a lot of laughter and fun.......

Linda, You did good in getting your quilt done and turned in! Make sure someone posts so we know how you are following your surgery. You know how we worry when we don't hear anything! I'm still thinking I'll be able to make it up there for your quilt show.

Maryliz, I found out I'm going to be great-gramma again so yellow sounds like a winner to me!!!

SharonG/FL

• maryliz
    16 years ago

Oh, Sharon, it sounds like you had a GREAT time with your sister in law down in Florida. Sleeping all you want--seems like my kind of vacation.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yes, Maryliz, we had a good time. She's talking like I should take my sewing machine the next time we do this. I'm game!

SharonG/FL

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida