Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'm not myself,

Posted by glassquilt (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 26, 06 at 22:53

Im really shook up and I dont know why unless Im a bit nervous with my surgery on Halloween. The store has canned music from a service and Ive heard the same songs over & over since I started. Its nice music that Im familiar with and I hum or sing along.

Tonight I almost lost it when they played "Wind Beneath My Wings". They played that at my Dads funeral he died in May 1993. I was back at the church, sitting with family, the sun was shining. Why I should be so upset tonight when I havent been for the past 2 months I dont know. I think Ill go have a good cry.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'm not myself,

Oh glassquilt, I am so sorry. I hope you are feeling better now. I'm sure it is stress with the upcoming surgery. We can all get emotional when facing something so stressful. Old memories good and bad can appear from a song, smell, or sight. Once this is over and things are better I think you will feel much better.

beverly

o

glassquilt - The feelings you're having - and probably the fears - are perfectly normal. Put your trust in your medical team, and know that you will appreciate the results of their skill. We'll all send you our prayers and thoughts for a successful surgery, and a quick recovery. Before you know it this will all be in the past. - Sharon

o

Glassguilt, things will work out for you. How was your 'good cry'? Did it help. Sometimes, I get so much built stress and tension, that a 'good cry' in the bathroom helps.
I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for peace of mind and the upcoming surgery.

Please keep posting, sometimes it helps just to talk.
I know it helps me to listen.

doris

o

Yes, I had a good cry and that helped. It just caught me off guard. Up to that point I thought I had everything pretty much under control. Not.

Thank goodness for this forum - putting it down in writing, getting my thoughts together enough to do so, is very carthartic.

o

Hi Glassquilt,
It makes a lot of sense to me that you would be feeling anxious - even if you have buried those feelings deep inside of you. It still bothers me that you don't know how this injury happened to you...and that has to stir up memories of your parents as well.
I will keep you close in my thoughts and prayers on Halloween. You've been waiting for this for a long time and have had to live through a lot of hassles to get to this point.
Continue to be kind to your self.
Take care,
Kelly

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here