Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Emotional update-better news!

Posted by lots2do (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 8, 06 at 15:20

Phew!
I just finished the bigger paper that is due tomorrow. Yippee! It's time for a mini celebration! Now I just have two smaller assignments to do that will be more enjoyable and less scary, I hope.

Have taken Marti's doormat advice as it applies to my other situation and am coming to a better place with that. I simply can not control the choices other people make and the perceptions that they may create/cling to. It still makes me sad but I have to move on and live my life the way I want to - which is in an honest, healthy way surrounded by positive people who care for me and support me!

So, what am I gonna do now? Watch some kind of decorating show and work on my Grandmother Flower Garden flowers for a little reward break until I start on the next assignment.

Thank you for your warm thoughts and words. I do appreciate them!
:)Kelly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Emotional update-better news!

I'm glad you are moving along. Some times just making a decision brings some peace to your mind. I have just always wanted people to be fair, do what they say they will do, and simply use good manners in their relationships with others. But they don't, and that causes me stress. I have learned I have to let go, but it is sometimes hard. Hang in there, God is in control and things will work the way He wants, which is always good.

beverly

o

Kelly, Sometimes trying to be close to family members/people just isn't worth the anguish and stress it causes you and you have to distance yourself from them.

When we moved 1000 miles away from family and friends, those that care, keep in touch....I didn't realize it was going to be a test, but that's what it turned out to be.....not only them, but me, too.....even my grandson's wives keep in touch with me, so that makes me feel good. Others have fallen by the wayside, and I've accepted it.

Beverly has given you words that I have come to rely on to help me thru some bad times......God is in control.

SharonG/FL

o

Thank you ladies for your words of support. This stress has been spread out over a week and I was at my breaking point when the last toxic phone call happened on Friday morning before work. I do have Faith. I just forget sometimes that there is a bigger plan that I am not privy to.
Take care and thank you again,
Kelly

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here