Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grammyp_gw

10-9 diet/exercise challenge

grammyp
17 years ago

Here it is, Monday again. I am sad to announce I have not been very good this past week. The cool weather has my arthritis upset and have had to babysit a little more than usual. We have had to ride later in the day and had to shorten them so DH could get back in time for DH to get ready for work. Plus DGS's birthday party (sent all the extra cake home with them) and baby shower ... not helpfull for dieting. I have managed not to gain any weight, but just don't feel like I have done my best. I think we should spend this week trying to regroup and get back on track. This week I have to work 2 extra days and DH has to work 3 extra, so that won't help. Guess I will have to go back to walking instead of riding the bike. I do hope everyone else has had a better week I know Sharon has. Be sure to keep me updated.

beverly

Here is a link that might be useful: {{!gwi}}

Comments (15)

• jennifer_in_va
    17 years ago

Well, being away all weekend, I ate out...definitely more than normal amounts! On the flip side, I walked all day with the kids at Thomas! So that helps to balance a bit.

Tonight I have guild meeting and dinner out with the girls...the first time for me in about 6 weeks! I've missed it! Probably won't be very good their either. Oh well.

I'll try to get back on the horse/wagon, whatever, tomorrow. Good news is that the scale hasn't changed it's mind about me!

Hang in their girls! "Can we do it? Yes, we can!" oh...sorry. That's Bob the Builder, not Thomas!! LOL

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    17 years ago

I'm for regrouping!!

I do my weighing in on Fridays and even though last week showed a good loss, this is another week! I'm in the process of having to change doctors....that's a big stress factor for me....and can't get in until the 20th. I feel I'm having symptoms of something, but don't really know......so.....I'm just muddling through. We had a tailgate/living-room party for the football game yesterday. I told DD I'd bring food for Chef Salads, so that's what I had.....then they brought out the pie!

Beverly, Sorry you're hurting and hope it gets better. Having your routine changed is unsettling but you did good in sending the BD cake home with the guests. Having more people around, different kinds of food around.....it is a challenge, but you are up to it!!!

Jennifer, Enjoy your guild meeting and dinner with the girls. You're allowed to eat out......we just learn to compensate. (But watch out for Beverly, she might make you have an extra 30 minutes of walking or something.) @:)

SharonG/FL

• grammyp
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Yup, I'm a slave driver I am! Walk that mile, ride that bike, jump that rope, lose that weight!!!

We have a Monday routine. The housekeeper comes at 11 and MIL doesn't like to be here while he is cleaning. We go out to lunch every Monday then get groceries before going home. I have had to learn not to eat everything on my plate. The bike club has their "easy" ride on Monday evening, so we do that then have a light dinner. It is not easy to eat out and still watch what you eat.

Even if it is Bob the builder "Yes we can".

beverly

• glassquilt
    17 years ago

I wish to announce that I bought a bag of Almond Joy - those small bars for Halloween trick-or-treaters. There are about 19 in the bag.

I plan on eating them all myself! So there.

If I start today, and eat one each day, I should be done before my surgery. My last big splurge before I'm on a yummy liquid diet for an indefinite length of time.

Well, it may not be my only splurge. The more I think about it the more food I will be forced to eat between now and then. IÂd better start now making a list of food that requires chewing.

• grammyp
    Original Author
    17 years ago

OK Glass, you are excused. But I think you better make a list of foods that don't require chewing. I'm sure you will be up and at 'em before you know it. Enjoy your Almond Joys, when they are gone you will have to eat Mounds.

beverly

• grammyp
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I am not fond of this working extra days. Doing 12 hours at work then being oncall all night and going back again, and again is not a good thing. Ick. I did manage to lose 1 pound last week. That brings the grand total to 15 for the year. At least it is going down now. And I am off till next Wed and can recover and play with my fabric for a while.

Have a good week everyone.
    beverly

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    17 years ago

Beverly, congratz on your loss! The 1 pound and the 15 pound loss.....great job! You gotta feel good about that!!!

SharonG/FL

• grammyp
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks Sharon. I do feel good about it. That is about how much I gained a year, so I don't feel pretty good about loosing about that much in a year (or less). Slow and steady, slow and steady.

Glassquilt, how are the Almond Joys?

beverly

• glassquilt
    17 years ago

The Almond Joys are good but..
    Went to a birthday party last night. The cake was a german chocolate with enough frosting to choke a horse - the layer on top had to be ½" thick. I love coconut but I couldn't even finish my piece of cake. It tasted soooo good. I don't think I'll eat an Almond Joy today.

• grammyp
    Original Author
    17 years ago

German Chocolate has to be my favorite cake, but there is a limit to the icing I can eat too. When is your surgery scheduled? Gotta finish all those Almond Joys before then. We will bug you about it later when you are well.

beverly

• glassquilt
    17 years ago

Halloween day. I must be a bit nervous about it because I've picked at something on my face and now I have a scab under my nose. Tomorrow is DH's 60 class reunion - I get to meet his classmates. I feel like I did in high school with a zit. Cute - haha.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    17 years ago

I didn't lose this week, but I didn't gain either. I'll get some extra walking in over the week-end...going to a craft show in Cedar Key.

Glass, Put some pancake make-up on that baby and you'll be fine......course, if there was an Almond Joy in your mouth the whole time, nobody would notice. @:)

SharonG/FL

• grammyp
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Sharon is right Glass, cover that sucker up and have a good time. My parent's class has a reunion every summer now (just had 64th) and mom said they are just so glad to be alive to go no one cares how they look. But do take an Almond Joy, just in case.

Sharon, to me not gaining is as good as losing, so keep up the good work. Enjoy the craft show and bring us back some good ideas.

beverly

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    17 years ago

You're not going to believe this! My SIL called me this morning....the craft show is next week! She's a bit ditzy, but she said they have the 14th and 15th on her paperwork. She even went all the way up there to set up and thought it was very quiet for being a craft week-end. lol

SharonG/FL

• grammyp
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Bless her heart. Was it far for her to go? At least now she is packed and ready.

beverly