Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
geezerfolks_sharon

Baby Raina Countdown

Baby Raina should be delivered either next week or the next. She's still doing well (played Hide and Seek with the cord when the tech tried to take pictures) but they want to take her when things are going well and they have everything in place. Also, the dr's are considering a possible less invasive type of surgery - one that they wouldn't have to stop her heart to correct the problem. All the dr's have to get together and coincide their open time frames. They told us we should know the date by the end of the week.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all your prayers!

SharonG/FL-IN

Comments (18)

• lindaoh_gw
    15 years ago

Thanks for the update. We will continue to remember your family in our prayers.
    Linda OH

• day2day
    15 years ago

Fingers crossed and continued prayers.
    ~Geraldine

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I hadn't posted anything lately so thought I'd start a countdown thread. We are anxiously awaiting to hear from the doctors so plans can be made. They'll probably let us wait a day or so before gracing us with the info. I understand there is a lot they have to look at and more 'teams' than I want to consider that have to be there so we'll wait as patiently as we can. Another ultrasound tomorrow and Friday along with an echo on Friday...per the cardiologist.

We appreciate everyone's prayers.

Sharon

• grammyp
    15 years ago

Thanks for the update. Things seem to be going well.

((hugs and prayers))
    beverly

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Was told this morning they have scheduled Nov 10th for delivery. I wanted to tell everyone right away, but waited til they told Salijo first. That will be one month from the time Julie was admitted. The kids have requested the Riley doctors (neo-natal/nephrologist/cardiologist) to come over to update them as to how they plan to procede after delivery. With it being a month later, we're thinking some of the things they thought they might have to do shouldn't have to be done now, but we want to hear what the drs say.

We just keep praying and KOKO.... @:)

SharonG/FL-IN

• grammyp
    15 years ago

I think this is good news, at least for Raina. I know it gets hard for Julie having to stay in the hospital. Hugs to all.

beverly

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Just received word Raina was weighed at the ultrasound this morning. Julie is at 33 weeks and Raina weighs 6 POUNDS 7 OUNCES!! The doctors are saying, the bigger the better for the machines they think they'll have to use.

WOOOOOHOOOOO THANK YOU JESUS OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

• grammyp
    15 years ago

Yippeeeee.

beverly

• day2day
    15 years ago

Great news. Will be watching for updates.
    ~Geraldine

• rosajoe_gw
    15 years ago

That is wonderful news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Rosa

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Julie has been concerned about being able to get back to the hospital where Raina will be when she wants to without having to wait for the transportation dept to bring her a wheelchair. Wendy got to work on that yesterday and we have one at no charge for however long Julie needs it, so she can rest her mind about that. Even though they are in separate hospitals, the hospitals are connected by tunnels (for the personnel) and overhead covered walkways, but it takes a least 10 minutes at a good pace to just reach the hospital, and then have to get to where you want to go. Julie and I were talking the other day and thought they should install those moving walk things they have in the larger airports. @:)

SharonG

• salijo
    15 years ago

That is awesome about the wheelchair. Have you thought of a way we can tag some kind of ID on it so it won't get confused as a hospital owned wheelchair and suddenly disappear?

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I was hoping we could get the chair before the end of the week so we could take care of that. I kind of wanted to see it before making something. I have fabric and velcro so we can figure something out. Maybe just some strips of fabric tied on plus her name somewhere on it.

Sharon/mom

• deannabsd
    15 years ago

I am so joyed to her the excitement in your voice about your new grandchild. I pray that all will go well in these next days. It is so nice that you can be near to help and lend that moral support.

Deanna

• day2day
    15 years ago

Sharon,
    Tomorrow is the big day, isn't it? Lots of good vibes going your way. Will be praying for Raina and family and for guidance for the medical team.
    ~Geraldine

• lindaoh_gw
    15 years ago

You are all in our prayers.
    Linda OH

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yes, tomorrow is the big day...7:15am. We'll post as soon as we're able to. The initial surgery they plan to do will take about 30 minutes and then they want to watch her closely for 4-6 hours. They said they don't even plan to close up her little chest because there might be swelling and she would need more attention.

God bless you all for your prayers.

SharonG/FL-IN

• nana24
    15 years ago

All of you are in our prayers and will be tomorrow.

Sally aka Nana24

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm