Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grammyp_gw

10-23 diet/exercise

grammyp
17 years ago

I'm late again. This is becoming a habit, sorry. Well I finally managed to get the Diet Organized downloaded to my PDA. Had to take it to work (it actually belongs to them) and let my boss do it for me. Anyway, it does work as well as DH said it does. I have been logging everything I eat and keeping up with my exercise and with some minor adjustments to what I was eating lost 4 pounds this week. DH thinks I can lose 30 pounds before the Florida Biks Safari in April. We shall see, that is a lot to lose and he will have to buy me new clothes to wear (not a bad deal is it?)

Since the highs have been in the 50's for 2 days and will only be in the 60's for the rest of the week, we have been going to the gym and riding the spin bikes. Not as much exercise as the bike, but much better on my arthritis. They haven't put the bubble over the pool yet, so I won't be swimming for a while. I hope everyone has found a winter activity you can manage to do daily. Remember, anything is better than nothing.

Sharon, keep your chin up. You are in my prayers.

beverly

Comments (5)

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    17 years ago

Good for you, Beverly! Four pounds!!! and good luck in going for 30 pounds by April.....new clothes is a good incentive. Where abouts in Florida is the safari? Do you just plug in what you eat in the Diet Organized and it adds up the calories for you? If that's what helped you lose the 4 pounds, it's a good thing!

I gained a bit but had expected it. I'm trying to move around more this week and get my mind on quilting again (I did notice the windows need washing, but....). I was able to finish a quilt today (see the gallery) and have another one ready to tie. It's a bigger one and I'm not looking forward to it.....just really awkward. I have 2 ready for borders and the squares cut for a top...plus another one needs the backing on it.

Made bean soup for supper.......with raw onions...yum.

SharonG/FL

• grammyp
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks Sharon, the official weigh in was this morning. Official loss was 5 pounds this week. Down to 175 for the first time in a long time. If I make it to 150 before the Bike Safari DH will be glad to have less to pull around on the bike. Yup, just plug in your height, weight, age... and it tells you how much you should eat, then recommends a reduction in calories. Then you put in what you actually eat and it keeps track of calories, fat, protein, carbs, ... When I reach my limit I quit eating. I don't really get hungry, just gotta be careful what I choose.

The Bike Safari is in Live Oak for 3 days then moves to Cherry Lake for 3 days. Both are lovely places, but Cherry Lake is just beautiful. They have several length bike rides every day and one 100 mile ride at each location. (I don't plan on doing that one, but 60 will be doable) I think I may ride every other day so DH can do the longer ones by himself. They are always looking for people to help out at the rest stops and I can do that. Just gotta slice up bananas and keep the water coolers full of Gatorade.

Sounds like you have been a busy little bee yourself love the Spiderman. Just how many do you usually make in a month?

Come on guys, fess up. How are you doing out there?

beverly

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    17 years ago

WoooHoooo.....5 pounds down! That had to be a feel good moment.

Looks like you'll be up in the panhandle for your bike safari....too far for me to come visit. But it looks like you'll have fun.

I just finished my 18th quilt this year. I have 4 I'm working on......2 Winnie the Pooh quilts and a comfort quilt that all need borders, have been playing around with Christmas fabrics..need to put the blocks together for the top....then, there's one that the top is done but needs the backing put on....baby won't be here til Dec so I figure I can wait on that one. Most of my quilts are approx 45" X 56" or 56" X 70".

I ended up having cereal and toast for supper..... @:(

SharonG/FL

• scraphappy
    17 years ago

I'm holding steady! Haven't weighed for a few days, but clothes still fit. I'll have to check out that Diet Organized!

• grammyp
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Holding steady is not bad scraphappy. And clothes that fit is really good. You can download a 14 day trial, check out the website.

beverly

Here is a link that might be useful: diet organizer

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler