Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grammyp_gw

10-3 diet/exercise challenge

grammyp
17 years ago

And how is everyone doing this week? Keep trying Sharon, you will find something that works. I managed to loose the 2 pounds I gained so I guess I am doing pretty well. Today is DGS's 3rd birthday, so I will have to get off the wagon and have some cake. One little piece won't hurt too much, then back on the bike. Please let me know if anyone is having any problems with movement or diet.

beverly

Comments (11)

• grammyp
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I forgot the cartoon, sorry

Here is a link that might be useful: {{!gwi}}

• jennifer_in_va
    17 years ago

I'm still around. Constantly moving around with the little ones, housework etc. But finally broke down and bought a scale so I'll see any progress that might be there! Don't think there has been, but I might have missed it! lol

Not snacking too much, but some. I think I'm like my puppy... just think I need MORE exercise than I'm getting, and don't have the motivation to find the needed exercise, or the time for it anyway.

• grammyp
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I can sympathize Jennifer. I sure would like to have more time to do the things I "want" to do. Seems like I spend all my time doing the things I "need" to do. Doesn't seem fair to me. To bad I don't "want" to do what I "need" to do. MMM, there may be a song in there somewhere.

beverly

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    17 years ago

I've been snacking on generic Cheerios. Instead of 3 meals, I've been eating a small amount every 2-4 hours...and don't feel guilty about it...cept had fried chix last night.

SharonG/FL

• grammyp
    Original Author
    17 years ago

We will for give the fried chix this time, but you gotta get an extra 30 minutes of movement, ok. Cheerios (generic or otherwise) are a good snack food. I like to add raisens to mine. My dentist said raisens are actually good for your teeth so why not. How are the small frequent "feedings" (shouldn't call them snacks) working for you? Isn't it nice to be able to say "I can skip that snack because I have to eat in a little while anyway".

beverly

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    17 years ago

OK Ok OK.....I'll move 30 extra minutes. @:( I had raisins in my oatmeal this morning. That's something else I did. Made up a pan of oatmeal and keep it in the fridge. Plop some in a big mug with some milk, micro and chug it down while surfing in the morning...or noon...or whenever. The smaller feedings are seeming to work for me....we'll see when I step on the scales in the morning. I realize it probably wouldn't do for someone with a family, but there's nobody here but the Geezerman and me....and he's a very laid back kind of guy.

SharonG/FL

• grammyp
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Good for you Sharon. Eating better and lowering your cholesterol (oateal) at the same time. We did the small meals once before while the kids were young and it actually worked pretty well. We would have our little salad and they would get a yougert or something too. Our youngest DD is hypoglycemic and this is the way they are supposed to eat. She had special permission to eat at school (she thought she was very special) to keep her glucose up. I have decided this is a great diet boost.

beverly

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    17 years ago

Can't believe it! Down 3½ pounds. Now the goal is to at least maintain! I have my extra 30 minutes of moving around planned for tomorrow night. DH likes to go to the Saturday night car show at one of the local plazas so I'll just take my walking stick and walk, walk, walk while he strolls and talks with his car show buds.

SharonG/FL

• grammyp
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Good for your Sharon!! Keep up the good work and the pounds will melt away. One or two pounds a week should be a good rate.

beverly

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    17 years ago

I did it! Walked the parking lot for about 20 minutes then walked Big Lots for about an hour....course, that included some shopping. Found a real neat placemat that I want to try and make into a purse. I know they've been around for awhile, but I've never made one.

SharonG/FL

• grammyp
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Good for you! How was the car show or did you skip the whole thing? I think I would opt for the shopping too. I have never made one of the purses either, be sure to post a pic.

beverly