Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
geezerfolks_sharon

I Met LindaOH

What a beautiful person!!!!!!! I met Linda (and 2 of her friends) at her quilt guild meeting in Fort Wayne. If I could attend a guild meeting in Florida with someone like Linda, I would go! I really enjoyed the time we had together, and since her guild is planning their show for next June, I got my calendar out and put the little flyer right in it! @:) Too bad I won't be here to go with them to the Chicago show.

Regarding the meeting: It was the first quilt guild meeting that I've been to that was done orderly and in a timely fashion. Yet it was informative, casual and friendly. Very impressive! But, DD and I missed out on the Show and Tell part cause we had to leave....her DH works third shift.

It was great meeting you Linda!

SharonG/FL-IN

Comments (7)

• lindaoh_gw
    16 years ago

Hi Sharon! It was great meeting you too! I just came here to post that I met you and your post was on the top. I really enjoyed having you and Wendy at the meeting. I know the business part is not that interesting to visitors but they try to keep it short.
    Last year I worked at the quilt show several days, so I hope we can meet again next year at the show.
    Thank you for the FQ with flamingos. I am trying to think of something special to make with it.
    We should plan to meet at a guild meeting next year too.
    Linda OH

• grammyp
    16 years ago

Isn't it great to put a face with a name. Meeting at a guild meeting is such a great idea. I'm glad everyone had a great time.

beverly

• suellen_delawares
    16 years ago

That sounded like fun.

Suellen

• janice__indiana5
    16 years ago

It sounds like you girls had a great time. I'm glad you got to meet. If you're every in Indianapolis I'm about 1 1/2 hours away, I'd love to meet up.

Janice

• lindaoh_gw
    16 years ago

Janice, where are you in IN? My son lives in Indy but we haven't been down there to visit yet.
    Linda OH

• janice__indiana5
    16 years ago

Linda, I'm in Terre Haute. Indy has some great quilt shops. If you ever want to meet up just let me know.

Janice

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Janice, I used to have to fly into Indy when I came up, but now there are direct flights to South Bend and Fort Wayne, so I go there. We don't drive up like we used to - too old and 2 hour flight opposed to all that time, road stress, gasoline and motel charges doesn't seem worth it.

Linda, I hope to be able to come up for your guild show next June so hopefully we can spend a little more time together.

I didn't get to Shipshe this year, but there's a new Farmer's Market that's like a mini Shipshe close to the US20 by-pass just South of Elkhart if anyone is interested. It's all indoors and 3 levels. The lower level is a restaurant (I want to go back for that) and booths selling all kinds of food....cheese, baked goods, their jellies and jams, pastas, meats, fresh veggies, etc. The second floor has all the crafts. The third floor are offices and it looks like they can expand for more booths.....and from the way I saw things, they will have to do that. There were a few booths outside, too. There were a few quilty booths but I didn't see any selling fabric. I would like to go back and spend more time, as I only had an hour. Another thing to do next year.

SharonG/FL-IN

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21