Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
geezerfolks_sharon

Support Needed

My oldest grandson called earlier telling us his wife's dad was in a horrible motorcycle accident. I do not have the particulars, only that he is on life support and that they will need to make a decision tomorrow. Julie lost her mom a year ago last Friday, which is Julie's birthday and now she has this to bear. Please lift them up in prayer, your good thoughts, positive energy.....whatever it is you do when in trouble. Thank you......

I just spent a few days with these kids and they are so cute together! He wants to buy a cello and she wants a riding lawnmower.

SharonG/FL-IN

Comments (13)

• glassquilt
    16 years ago

So sorry - will hold them in the Light.

• minnie_tx
    16 years ago

Don't get discouraged. A lot of us read and do pray but just don't know what to say.Am thinking about them.

• polardream
    16 years ago

Sharon,
    I am so sorry. I will add Julie and her family (and yours!) in my prayers.
    Sue

• grammyp
    16 years ago

They will certainly be in my prayers.

beverly

• Rene54
    16 years ago

Oh Dear, so hard for the young people, I will add her and family to my prayer lists. Rene

• rosajoe_gw
    16 years ago

You and yours are in my prayers also.
    Rosa

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you everyone. The DD's and I just got home from being gone all day. Julie's dad passed away early this morning so she didn't have to make any decisions but it's still so difficult for her. Her dad had just left their house after visiting with them....they were close.

One of my nephews owns a funeral home, he was to their house this afternoon, gotten what they want and will take care of everything for them. They are just stunned! Memorial service on Saturday.......it's going to be a long week.

Thank you so much for all your prayers and support....

SharonG/FL-IN

• nana24
    16 years ago

Sharon,
    So sorry. You will all be in my thoughts and prayers this week.
    Sally

• nanciii
    16 years ago

Everyone will be in my prayers and thoughts as you are going with this difficult loss.

Blessings and comfort to all.

Nanci

• suellen_delawares
    16 years ago

I have been praying and will continue to pray for comfort.

Suellen

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you so much for your support!!! The memorial service was changed to this afternoon and Julie even got up and spoke. She didn't need tissues and even got a few chuckles out. She has accepted it as it was his time to go as he did everything right as far as being cautious, wearing his helmet, etc. Plus, she said, he was doing what he dearly loved to do when he went. Nick had to have his memorial read for him (when I get a copy of it, I'll post it as it's really almost like a short story)......this is the first time he's had someone this close to him pass away. I kept passing him Kleenex and he told me it was because of a cold. (Yeah, right!)

My nephew counted 367 in the main worship center plus there were some in the lobby and upstairs. Surprisingly, we had enough food for everyone! Everything Harley Davidson was there. Julie wrote the obit for her dad and it's at this link if anyone is interested (you'll need to click on his name).

SharonG/FL-IN

Here is a link that might be useful: Daniel Cloud

• grammyp
    16 years ago

Sharon, he was so young. That was a lovely obituary, sounds like he was a kind loving man. I am so sorry for her loss.

beverly

• maryliz
    16 years ago

Gee, how sad. At least he was already living his dream. Some people never get to do that.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!