Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
caroline1947

My sewing room at last...

caroline1947
16 years ago

Here it is after daughter moved out..really small,and has 3 doors,one from kitchen one goes to garage and one to utility room.I try to keep it neat,Im kind of picky,but not because Im prissy, just because of my health, I know if I let things get behind,I might not catch up.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (11)

• maryliz
    16 years ago

Yipee! Ain't it nice to have a place to spread out your projects, and not have to put them away when it's time to set the table for dinner?

• grammyp
    16 years ago

Wow, it is so .......... neat. Congratulations on your own space, enjoy.

beverly

• nana24
    16 years ago

Caroline,
    Really like seeing your work around your room-on the doors and on your chair. It is way neat! You'd say "ugg" if you saw mine but I do have lots of things I made hanging around. Your room inspires me to try to be neater.
    Does your bird sing?

Enjoy your space!
    Sally

• scraphappy
    16 years ago

It looks very pretty - and very organized! What a pleasure it must be to have your own space to play in! (I think no matter how large a space we have to work in, the work expands to fill the space.)

• sew_self-taught
    16 years ago

Nice room!! I'm so happy for you. I really love the wall hanging on the door with the spools. Pretty pictures all around. Enjoy!!

Nina

• bopeep
    16 years ago

Very nice room, I too like all the pretty things you have hanging around the room.
    bopeep

• kathryni
    16 years ago

Caroline, I really like your sewing room. You've inspired me to work on my room. I know I would enjoy it a lot more if I organized it and made it prettier. Kay

• ddavisgray
    16 years ago

Caroline,
    your room is wonderful.

I'm in the process of giving myself a little more room.
    I'm sharing my new space with our computer, and Stephanie's area for her art.

Right now, it's just a jumble of stuff.
    Hopefully real soon, mine will look almost as nice and neat as yours.

I'm with Nina, your wall hanging and pictures are great!

I hope you enjoy it!!

doris

• Rene54
    16 years ago

Caroline, your photos are great, love the sewing STUDIO,lol, we must get over thinking it is just a sewing room, LOL it looks comfortable and fun place to be, if you find a way to stop the clutter, please let me know!Rene

• caroline1947
    Original Author
    16 years ago

REne,, It isnt that hard to stop clutter,once you get organized. As I said, I got in the HABIT for health reasons,if I let something go it becomes an overwhelming task to clean it up. Find a place for everything.I have little drawers, baskets,shelves etc. and i have a place for all my items. I return them to their place after I use them. I clean up after each session,without fail,its so much nicer to go back to a clean area.You can do it. Believe me, I was not always so neat,but once I got into the habit its just easy. Good Luck!!!

• stitchbystich
    16 years ago

Congratulations Caroline!! It looks great! Always nice to have your own space and not have to be moving projects all the time. I understand about the organization...I think many of us can relate. Enjoy your lovely new space!
    Helen May

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz