Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
suellen_delawares

I'm not posting as much

suellen_delawares
16 years ago

Hi, wanting to let you all know why I haven't been able to post as much as usual. DJ (husband) has been very sick. I have had the added work of winterizing our ranch by myself. This doesn't leave a lot of time or energy to be on the computer, but I haven't stopped quilting! Tomorrow DJ goes for an angiogram and possible an angioplasty. Can you say stress! I all ready have some snacks ready (for me), some hand quilting projects to work on and a charged up cell phone.

Wish us luck

Suellen

Comments (23)

• toolgranny
    16 years ago

I'll be thinking of you. A place like yours takes work and its hard to do it by yourself - I've been there. Hope he's back to normal soon.
    Linda

• caroline1947
    16 years ago

Well wishes for you !! ( HUGS)

• biwako_of_abi
    16 years ago

I'll have you in my thoughts as well. To have to do the winterizing (I can only imagine all that might involve) by yourself, on top of the worrying is awful! Hope there will be good news from the angiogram!

• Rene54
    16 years ago

Sueellen, I know you are busy, but worried too, I'm sure the doctor's will have success, and DH will be as good as new, or better! will keep both of you in my prayers. rene

• msmeow
    16 years ago

I'm sorry to hear your DH has been ill - keep us posted!

Donna

• day2day
    16 years ago

Suellen,hope everything turns out okay. You're in my thoughts and prayers....Geraldine

• scraphappy
    16 years ago

Hope everything turns out ok for you and DH! Let us know how things go. (((Suellen)))

• fran1523
    16 years ago

Sorry to hear you are going through a difficult period. It's very stressful when a spouse is ill. We'll be happy to hear from you when you can join us. Until then, do what you have to do.

• nickisews
    16 years ago

I hope your DH tests prove to be fine. I'm sorry to hear of all the extra work for you, I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Nicki

• lizzy3_27
    16 years ago

Prayers for both of you. I cannot imagine the workload you have had - winterizing a ranch yourself. Kudos!

Liz

• laurainsdca
    16 years ago

Sorry to hear things are so stressful right now. Hope the stress passes and DH is healty again soon! Hang in there and check in on us when you can.

• sew_self-taught
    16 years ago

I'm so sorry. I will be thinking of you both and wishing for the best! ((((Big Hug))))

Nina

• Nancy Morris
    16 years ago

Sorry about your husband's illness. I will be hoping for the best for you both.

Nancy

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    16 years ago

Suellen, I'm sorry this is happening in your lives. Snacks, quilting and a charged cell phone....all necessary for the waiting room. Hope the news is good news.....I'll be thinking of you both.

SharonG/FL

• byrdseay
    16 years ago

I'm praying for you and your husband as well. Try to stay positive.
    byrdseay

• glassquilt
    16 years ago

Will hold you both in the Light. Hope your hubby is a good patient. You'll have to keep him 'down' for a while until the incision heals fully.

• love2sew
    16 years ago

Hope everything goes well with the tests and will keep you in my thoughts.
    Jean

• maryliz
    16 years ago

I will hope for the best for you and your hubby. Getting the house and the outbuildings and everything else ready for winter is a lot of work, even when you don't have to do it all by yourself!

• janice__indiana5
    16 years ago

Oh Suellen, I'm sorry to hear that DH isn't feeling any better. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Janice

• fatquarters
    16 years ago

Thinking of you and hoping everthing goes well. Hang in there!

• suellen_delawares
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Thanks for all that positive reassurance. It helps a lot. His test went well with no problems. They found nothing wrong with his heart, but I knew there was nothing wrong with his heart that is why I married him. Now we are almost back to square one. Tests have ruled a lot of things out, but they still don't know what is wrong.
    Winterizing. Friends helped us get hay and straw. Also the wood we need for heat. We have hired people to do the exterior painting and insulate the barn. Last winter we had one week of 25-30 degrees below zero. We lost power the barn animals were ok, but it wasnÂt pleasant. Also the well head froze because it had no heat. This summer we had solar power put in. We will be ready incase we get another cold winter. Having the winterizing to keep me busy and focus on helps. Of course quilting and chocolate help too.
    Thanks again for your support.
    Suellen

• day2day
    16 years ago

Suellen, glad to hear everything came out okay with the heart tests. I've been thinking about you. Hopefully,in the near future, they'll find out what is wrong. Not knowing is so frustrating. Keep the faith.....Geraldine

• maryliz
    16 years ago

Gee, I almost wish they had found something wrong, so that maybe they can do something about it, and your hubby can start to feel better. Glad it wasn't the heart, at least!