Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
One less worry on day of surgery

Posted by glassquilt (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 17, 06 at 11:06

I am so relieved. SIL#2 told DH he is taking the day off and will drive us to Loyola, sit with DH and bring him home. DH has a license but I do all the driving. I was very worried because he wanted to drive himself home after my surgery. Loyola is almost 21 miles from home. 19 of those miles are on Roosevelt Rd, Route 38. If youre not familiar with Chicago traffic, Roosevelt is one of many busy roads not a drive in the country. DH doesnt have the quick response time he used to have and he should not be driving. Now I dont have to worry about DH. (Whew, wiping forehead in relief)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: One less worry on day of surgery

Well at least there's one thing you won't have to think about! Very nice of your SIL to do that for you.

o

What a nice SIL you have. It is nice to have family you can rely on.

beverly

o

YAY! It's always tough to go into surgury already stresed out about outside factors. Glad that's taken care of for you.

Now, will SIL also be picking you up from the hospital when you're released?

~ Kit

o

It's all falling into place. GREAT!

o

I'm glad that is settled for you. It's hard to anticipate a surgery and also try to line all the day to day things up at the same time.
Wish you the best!
Kelly

o

that's awesome glass! Bad enough you gotta worry about you, it's always good to know DH is taken care of too! Gives you more energy to recup! How long do they think you will be in the hospital?
Lisa

o

Good luck with your surgery whenever it is. Hope all goes well and your'e soon home.

o

That's great of your SIL to do that! You must be very thankful to not have to worry about your DH driving in that Chicago traffic. Hope your surgery goes well.

SharonG/FL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here