Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Barn + Fabric + Lights =

Posted by aunt_net (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 18, 06 at 1:07

Wish I could post a pic, I promise to learn how after this wedding (6 days). We have almost all the lights and fabric up in the barn and it is so pretty, it is almost fairy tale like or princess like. I have the arch for the ceremony area in the house draping it in white and making a swag of pink roses, I'm making one just like it to put in the barn where we have the cake table. Since the ceremony is at sunset we will be limited on pics outside. DD found a pic of roman type pillars draped and I was afraid we were going to have to buy some after I had already bought 2 arches on clearance but she is happy with the arches.
So glad that we got about 2 inches of rain today, went out to the ceremony area and created the center aisle by driving four tall arches into the ground. Couldn't get that done until we got some rain. Now just get the 45 shephards' hooks in place and finish decorating the 45 mason jars with candles in them and move 75 potted plants into place and finish all the swags. I can do this!!!
Thanks for letting me vent alittle, and brag alittle. LOL

Aunt Net

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Barn + Fabric + Lights =

I can see how beautful this is going to be. Even a dark pic will be wonderful!

o

Wow! It sounds just beautiful. Your daughter is so lucky that you've gone through all of this for her. I hope that you are all able to relax and enjoy the day!
Kelly

o

Oh, I wish you had been around with my wedding. You are much more creative than I am. Sounds wonderful, can't wait for pictures. If you can get a digital camera you can adjust for the light and the pictures should be wonderful.

beverly

o

Did you remember to book a photographer? Ha-ha
I went to wedding with round tables and each table has a disposable camera so that we could take candid pictures of each other.

Maybe you can ask several guests to take those twilight shots. Someone will get the pictures you need. I have noticed that the digital camera I got last summer takes better pictures than my fathers real camera. (It had extra lenses, etc.) I've been able to get good pictures in reduced light with it. I have always taking lots pictures and since I got my digital I'm unstoppable.

o

that sounds beautiful! we so need pictures!
If I may, have someone with a digital turn their flash off, support the camera well, and take some pictures that way. Make sure they are very steady until the picture is done processing, so not to blur. Some of my best twilight shots have been done this way! Can't wait to see it! Your daughter is very fortunate to have you share your craftiness, and your barn!
Lisa

o

What great ideas for a wedding. Can't wait to see the pictures. DD is very lucky.

o

I can't wait to see the pictures. I catered my DD's wedding that was supposed to be small. It kept growing and growing and growing!!!!
She will have a one of a kind wedding that she will treasure forever.
Rosa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here