Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Furbabies

Posted by ddavisgray (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 13, 06 at 20:36

Here are pics of my furbabies

Rowdy and Jack are my daughter's who is living with me until her divorce is final. They think my house are thier home because I keep them all the time so there is no problem getting use to our house.
Jack (the boxer) is a girl, about a year old, and Rowdy is almost 8 years.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And this is Patches, we've had her almost 9 years, she belongs to my DGD who we are raising. She rules the place.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Furbabies

They all look like they like to pose for the camera LOL
you can't help but love those furbabies!
Red

o

What cute furbabies! And that's one pretty quilt that Jack and Rowdy are posing with too - love the sunflowers!
Clara

o

Thanks Clara,

About 12 years ago, my DD went through a sunflower phase.

She asked if I would make her a cover for her bed if she provided the pattern.

I had been making bedspreads, bed skirts, curtains, etc. forever. I had never made a quilt, and didn't consider it a quilt. The pattern came from Wal-mart (one of those handouts) so I picked up the fabric there, followed the directions, and machine quilted around the applique and blocks.
The border is added to fit her double bed if I remember correctly.

Not realizing I was making a quilt, I threw it together in a couple days. After all, what you don't know won't make you nervous. LOL

I didn't do that good of a job on it, and figured it wouldn't last past her sunflower phase. I was wrong.

She has drug that quilt around with her for 12 years. I think it now is the furbabies favorite blanky.

I also made her a throw about 10 years ago peiced with 5-inch blocks and tacked at each corner. Again, I didn't consider it quilting.
Another of her favorites.

Who knew,
doris

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here