Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vicky4x4

more on root canal

vicky4x4
16 years ago

I got the second part of my root canal done today. I thought my troubles were going to be over. I was wrong. My pain level is back to a whopping 10!!! I can not bite down on the new root canal because it just sends shock waves of pain though me. The dentist thinks this is "normal" To wait a few days and all will be well.... I have given up hope of that to be sure. Please pray for me.

Vicky

Comments (7)

• nanciii
    16 years ago

Oh Vicky I feel your pain...been there several times.
    And one dentist told me the same thing I thought he was friggin crazy but after a day or so it was better. I go next week for part -2- of the new crown replacements. Three more hours to sit there. Take a pain pill and take a nap.

Nanci

• nana24
    16 years ago

Vicky,
    Hugs, positive thoughts and prayers coming your way.

Sally

• ironkit
    16 years ago

I, too, feel your pain. Just think, though, it'll be better in a few days, and then it won't ever hurt again!

I gotta say, being miserable for three days after mine was soo worth it, 'cause now I don't have any problems at all with the root canaled tooth, or the ones around it.

So, hope you're feeling better.

~ Kit

• vicky4x4
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Kit,

I sure hope you're right! I'm still taking the pain meds and it hurts to bite into anything. I'm so thinking I should have had it pulled out.

Vicky

• foxykitten350234
    16 years ago

Vicky, I hope you are feeling better by now. If not... don't give up hope. I had one root canal that was hell on wheels for a couple of weeks. It felt like someone had stuck a razor blade into the canal and every time I tried to chew it felt like I was getting stabbed. In time it settled down and now the tooth is totaly pain free. Hang in there it will get better.

Foxy.

• vicky4x4
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Foxy,

I'm glad to know it will get better in time. No, it's not better as of yet. I called the dentist back and they tell me it's going to take time. I wished now I would have just had the tooth taken out.

Vicky

• foxykitten350234
    16 years ago

I have been tempted to have a problem back tooth pulled, but I keep getting lectured about the problems this could cause. If it is a top tooth you can get into the whole sinus thing. Since I have been suffering dearly with sinus pain lately I would have to agree with any reasoning for not pulling one of the top teeth.

I ended up searching for the first thread you wrote when this whole root canal business started. Wow, you have been through the ringer on this one! I can so symphatize with the pain you went through during the process. I had one tooth that would not get numb and the endodontist had to drill to the nerve to inject the novicane into the tooth. I have never felt pain like that in my life. I can't imagine having to deal with the reaction to the pain meds after going through all that pain.

I'm sure the next time you need a root canal you will be tempted to just have the tooth pulled. I wouldn't blame you if you do, but just know not all root canals are this bad. I have had five and I'm looking at #6 in the near future. Only one was horrible. One took a while to calm down and the rest were a breeze.

Hang in there it does get better.

Foxy.