Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
irishdancersgram

Weekend plans, anyone?

irishdancersgram
16 years ago

So here it is, Friday, again, what are your plans? I'm off to West Point for my "guys in uniforms fix". Their summer training (in the field) is over and they will have some free time before classes start up next week...You have to give these young men and women credit, they really do get a workout. And after being in the field all summer, even this 70 yr. old chick will look good.....

Good weekend, everyone,

Dorothy

Comments (10)

• vicky4x4
    16 years ago

My husband has to work tomorrow all day. Nothing at all planned for us.

Vic

• lindaoh_gw
    16 years ago

I have my mystery quilt class in the morning. I plan to work on a baby quilt in the afternoon. I have all the blocks done, just have to put them together.
    I also want to take a dip in the pool. The water is almost as warm as bath water (just the way I like it!).
    Linda OH

• mary_c_gw
    16 years ago

Well, hopefully, amcfeely and family are coming for a swim and dinner on Sunday.

We had to put it off last weekend, but I'm hoping this weekend will be an even better choice. It looks like the rain has finally stopped, so swimming will be possible.

Mary

• sew_self-taught
    16 years ago

Well IÂm excited. DD is coming for the weekend. SheÂs working at a camp 4 hours away. The original plan was that she was bringing 10 co-workers with her. (All 18-22 years old, and most are from out of state). DH and I bought a ton of junk food to feed them all over the weekend. I folded up all my sewing tables in my sewing room to have room for sleeping bags, etc. I was prepared to house 11 young people. We even went out a bought more guest towels. These kids donÂt have much time for showers, so I figured they would all appreciate long, hot, private showers while they were here. Well, as young people often do, many of them decided the Padres game would be more fun than a 4 hour drive to the mountains. I was even prepared to do all their laundry. IÂm totally not upset. DD is bringing 3 people. ItÂs gonna be a fun weekend. Our empty nest will have some young people for a couple of days. And I have new towels. And the spare bathroom is now clean. On Sunday the junk food is going with them, there is only so much Cheese-Whiz I can eat. Have a great weekend everyone!

Nina

• wanda_va
    16 years ago

I plan to quilt, quilt, quilt!!! I have one almost quilted; one sandwiched; one ready to be sandwiched; and one awaiting borders. And soooo many ideas for new ones when these are finished.

Happy Quilting and Happy Weekend, friends!

• jennifer_in_va
    16 years ago

DH is going on a motorcycle ride today. I'm taking the kids sailing on my parent's boat on the Chesapeake Bay today.

Tomorrow is open at the moment, but might work on a mystery quilt's sashing...all cut and ready for sewing.

Might have quiet time to consider quilting plans for my dresden plate. A friend insists I can do feathers! I'm not so sure.

• gerizone5
    16 years ago

Going to a antique/flea market this morning and hope to finish weeding and catching up on yard work later in the day or on Sunday. Hope to start on the binding of the Thimbleberries Village quilt I just picked up at the LA quilter on Thursday. That's it for now. Have a good one everyone.

Geri

• cannahavana
    16 years ago

DH is working today, so I think I will continue working on a quilt I started for my bed. I have been battling a nasty sinus infection all week too, so don't feel like getting out of the house into the heat.

Jennifer, DH and I drove through VA last weekend on our way to Baltimore. Well, I should say we rode not drove. We were on a chartered bus with two boyscout troops and their parents. We stayed in the port of Baltimore and stayed the night on a WWII submarine and a Coast Guard Cutter the next night. Wow, what an experience! We both agreed that VA is a beautiful state! We took a trip while dating up the blue ridge parkway and went as far as the Shannondoah national park.

Rebecca

• glassquilt
    16 years ago

I'm still ironing & folding fabric.

• lots2do
    16 years ago

Hi everybody,
    Nice to catch up with some of you!

I am home from a week at the lake in Maine. Our 'big kids' (adults now really) joined us up there. I had some nice quality time with our DGS. Have to really think about an I-Spy quilt now!

Before that I was in a teaching writing seminar at a college near us. It was 5 weeks, four full days a week. Very intense, that's for sure, but also very rewarding at the same time. Worth 6 graduate credits so that was also a plus!

DH leaves for a fishing trip in Alaska this week. I hope to really clean our bedroom and organize. Maybe I'll do my sewing loft too. I have my Mom's second memorial in Maine at the end of the week. Mixed feelings about that...

Take care,
    lots2do/kelly