Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bonica_gw

TaTa for now

bonica
17 years ago

Hi all,

I just want to let you know I have to check into the LOCAL hosp tomorrow morning. I've sprung a leak..it's an infection. I'm going in for a culture and antibiotics via IV. I don't know how long this will take..but the Dr sent me home tonite to pack. Now just what are you suppose to pack for this little journey?????????geeeesh!!!!!

see ya'll when I get home

love yas

Bon

:)

Comments (33)

• jennifer_in_va
    17 years ago

Oh, Bon. Take care of yourself, and let the doctors take care of you!!' At least you'll be local and not hours away in Syracuse.

What to pack!? Hmm, guess you wouldn't need the bathing suit...they're not likely to let you into the spa! Maybe a ballgown & dance shoes? Nah, not likely to be tangoing tonight! Well, guess maybe comfy pjs, bunny slippers and fuzzy bathrobe might be in order...

Take care, and let us know when you get back home again. Thoughts are with you!

• true4uca
    17 years ago

Bon,
    Sorry to hear this.Hopefully it will only be for a day or two.
    Prayers& ((((((HUGS)))))
    Trudy

• bkfdwife
    17 years ago

ah Bon! we'll be thinking positive thoughts for you! If Larry wishes, he can call with updates!
    (((HUGS))))
    love ya
    Lisa

• mum_in_africa
    17 years ago

Bummer....but I think it is the right thing to do. You need to get on top of these things otherwise it will just drag on and on.
    I'd be packing some hand work to do. Surely you'll be allowed to sit up & stitch?

GWS

Anne xxx

• trifles
    17 years ago

Darn - a leak! We'd much prefer you'd stay OUT of the hospital, but that's the best place for leaks, I guess. Hope it's a short stay, Bon, and that you're home and on the mend soon.

Marcia

• lots2do
    17 years ago

Oh Bon(and Larry)-
    My best wishes are with you!
    Kelly

• wanda_va
    17 years ago

Bon, I am so sorry, and hope you know that our special thoughts and prayers will be with you. Please take care of yourself so you can hurry home to us. Hugs!!

• janice__indiana5
    17 years ago

Let's see... I think I'd be packing a robe without one of those darn slits up the back! Well... the hospitial is the best place for you, when these things happen. Hopefully it won't take long for the doc's to get on top of things. Yes, it better to get them under control, sooner rather than later. We will be waiting for good news!

Our thoughts and prayers are with you,
    Janice

• nanciii
    17 years ago

Bon,

Sorry you have to go back and see that Doctor again. Take your favorite PJ's and slippers hopefully it will only be a couple of days. Read up on new quilts to take your mind off the IV.

Lots of luck and come back soon.

Nanci

• nickisews
    17 years ago

Well I can't imagine you're going back to the hospital for the fine cuisine... Hope third times the charm. You're in my prayers.

Nicki

• mexicomarti
    17 years ago

Prayers for you Bon, for a FULL and COMPLETE recovery this time. For pity's sake, enough is enough!

Marti in Mexico

• quiltdiva
    17 years ago

Oh Bon, so sorry you couldn't deal with the infection at home. Bummer! But look at it this way. They're just going to fill you up with premium unleaded so your engine will purr like a kitten. Be sure and bring chocolate with you and come back to us soon now!
    Hugs,
    Kay

• bkfdwife
    17 years ago

ok, I've got to ask.....you (she if she is gone and someone else answers!) had open heart surgery, and now you have a LEAK? ummm.....mind me asking WHERE you are LEAKING???? I have some pretty intense pictures going thru my mind...is it an incision leak, or a valve leak? Geesh, maybe you need a gasket change next...hehehehe
    Anyway, thinking of you.........
    moi

• gillian_41
    17 years ago

Sorry to read this Bon you have already gone through enough, will be thinking about you.
    Gillian.

• glassquilt
    17 years ago

I'd stop at the library and get a bag of paperbacks. Easier to hold when lying down and if you fall asleep, they won't poke you when they slip out of you hand.

• ngmnewlywed
    17 years ago

God Bless. We pray for a speedy recovery.
    Susan

• colleenny
    17 years ago

Take care of yourself. We will all be waiting to hear how you are doing. Bring something to read and some nice lotion for your hands to make you feel pampered. Colleen

• gerizone5
    17 years ago

Prayers and hugs to you. Take care.

Geri

• Kathy_TX
    17 years ago

Oh gosh Bon, please do get that leak taken care of.

Books, hand sewing, crossword puzzles...geez, that's all I can think of for you to pack, other than the essentials.

My prayers are with you. Hope you'll be back here in a day or two.

(((((((((Bonica)))))))))

• redpenny
    17 years ago

Bon,
    Sorry to read this........take a house coat and slippers, brush or a comb you may be wearing hospital gowns because of the IV and dressing changes...........but take a gown just in case?..........I wouldn't worry about quilting or hand quilting LAY BACK AND LET THE NURSES AND IV DO THEIR WORK. Watch TV and Rest!I pray for a speedy recovery!
    Red

• teresa_nc7
    17 years ago

Take care, Bon, and do what the docs tell you to do. Rest, think calm, happy thoughts. Tell Larry to get you some happy, positive movies to watch. Do they have DVD players in the hospitals these days?

Wishing you a speedy recovery!
    Teresa

• biwako_of_abi
    17 years ago

Sorry to hear that, Bon, but I hope it can be easily fixed. At least the doctors and nurses will be keeping an eye on the leak all the while you are there, so you can rest easy.
    I second the movies, easy-to-hold books, and maybe a quilting magazine or two, if not too unwieldy. Something you can look at and then lie back and dream about if you are not feeling up to actual reading. Oh, yes, and a small pad of paper so you can jot down any good ideas you have for more quilts. A cheerful heart full of good things has healing power.

• ddavisgray
    17 years ago

Bon,
    I'm glad you are going in to get this infection under control. With them pumping you full of antibiotics, and handsome, uummm nice nurses keeping the incision clean , you can just lie back and Heal.

Maybe you should just take your favorite pillow so you'll rest well.

Keep happy, positive thoughts and know;
    You're in our thoughts, and continue in our prayers.

doris

• hoerlel
    17 years ago

Bon, I am so sorry to hear that you are still having problems. I am praying for your complete recovery and I will be looking forward to when you are back with us!

Take care and hugs!
    Lucy

• wldflur
    17 years ago

Sure hope you're better soon! Know this is sooo stressful for you as well as your family. Karen

• sandra_ferguson
    17 years ago

Bon, could you not just have your culture done on an outpatient basis, and then have a visiting health nurse come to your home and give you your IV therapy, if that's what you need? Do you have a friend who is a nurse, who could do it for you? I'm a nurse and have done this sort of thing for a friend, my grandmother, AND for an elderly neighbor. So much safer than going into a hospital which is, I'm afraid, just one giant home of infections. Could you tell your Dr that you'd prefer not to be admitted and see what he might be able to suggest? If all you need is an IV antibiotic several times a day, AND dressing changes, those don't seem an insurmountable problem. I, myself, had a fairly extensive leg surgery on an outpatient basis, and came home with drains, etc.....anything, not to stay.

• beebonnet
    17 years ago

Take extra good care of yourself, Bon. I hope your stay won't be for very long and that you'll be back posting us a message before too long.
    Beebonnet

• boxersandkoi
    17 years ago

(((Hugs))) Hurry up and kick this infection! We'll be missing you!!!

Connie

• laurainsdca
    17 years ago

Hang tough and hurry back Bon! We'll be praying for you and missing you around here.

• scraphappy
    17 years ago

Hope by now you're getting the care you need - I was going to suggest your own pillow - maybe Larry can bring it to you - those hospital pillows are pathetic!! Rest and sleep, and do what the Drs. say - I'm sending happy thoughts your way!!

• meskauskas
    17 years ago

As scraphappy says, Happy thoughts coming your way, and I hope you get rid of that darned infection quickly!
    Clara

• maggie_sue
    17 years ago

Bon, heal quickly and come home I will miss your happy posts!

• grammyp
    17 years ago

I had a wonderful card waiting on me when I got home Bon. I hope you are better and home by the time this gets posted.

((hugs))
    beverly

Sponsored
John Romans Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full Service, Turn-Key Construction & Design Company