Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bkfdwife

OT-over the edge-cable TV

bkfdwife
17 years ago

I cannot believe I just did what I did. I went into the cable office to pay my bill, my whole $9 cable bill (we have "economy", no frills, never anything on)....I upgraded...yuppers...me. My kids begged me for years to upgrade. I wouldn't do it. It's not worth it. Wanna know what put me over the edge???? NASCAR....yup. Too many races were on TNT and we didn't have it. Drove me crazy. My DH will probably have me committed tonight. I was SO against this all these years. What a splurge! hehehehe...just thought I would share. OH..and now I get the food network, and HGTV...and...who knows what else, TNT!!! hehehehehehehehehe

So, if you don't hear from me, I'll either be at Midcoast Hospital in P200 or Riverview Rehab.....I bet they have cable too!

Lisa

Comments (8)

• ironkit
    17 years ago

For years we had 'peasant vision', but about three years ago, Mom finally got cable.

I'm amazed at the fact that I watch like four channels... and that it's totally worth it. I'm hooked on the history channel, discovery channel, the learning channel and... tv land.

~ Kit

• scraphappy
    17 years ago

I think we have WAY too many channels - we've upgraded to digital - amazing how much useless stuff is on there that we're paying for!! However, in order to get what DH likes to watch, and a few things I enjoy, we have to get several "packages" that include alot we'd never watch. Wish we could fine tune it to just pick and choose about 10 channels out of the 100+ we can get! Grrrrrrrr...

• grammyp
    17 years ago

We have digital too (had to get it to get the cable internet) and with like 120 channels there is still not much to watch. 12 of them are PPV, 8 are NASCAR in-car PPV, 3 home shopping, 2 local access, 15 of the movie channels are HDTV and duplicate 15 of the regular movie channels. We watch HGTV, tv land, History, Discovery, DIY, Public TV and local news. But we can't get them without all the others. They have it rigged I think. We do at least get a Sr citizens discount.

beverly

• bkfdwife
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I'm still around, DH isn't home yet, LOL

• grammyp
    17 years ago

Don't say a word Lisa. Wait for him to notice and ask. How long do you think that will take?

beverly

• bkfdwife
    Original Author
    17 years ago

he's home, I told him.....you would have thought I told him we won the lottery! hahaha...and he did check to see if I was running a temperature. THEN he asked if I would make a potato salad for a BBQ at work Friday....usually not a problem, they love my potato salad. So I ask what the occasion was....one of the office girls is having a baby. I slugged him..not once, four times! AGGHHHH!!!!! I coulda made her a quilt you dingbat!!!
    So, might try to squeeze it on before Friday....think I have a top made already actually....*SIGH*...whatya gonna do with them?
    hehehehehehe
    Beverly, wished I had seen that before I told him, but I'm sure mom would have mentioned it anyway!

• nanciii
    17 years ago

Well there still will not be anything to watch. We must have 15 sports channels and we do not watch sports, can yo believe that. The older I get the less TV I watch.

Nanciii

• meskauskas
    17 years ago

Kit, Those are our favorite channels too, along with National Geographic, the Food Network, and BBC TV.

I want to ask...are you all bugged by an info-mercial marathon that goes on every night on dozens of your cable channels? Out here, if you have insomnia or work nights, better have Tevo or a whole lot of DVD's, because when you turn on the TV after midnight or 1:00 am, the only thing on channel after channel are infomercials. They run on some channels until 6:30 or 7:00 am. Now...the way I calculate it, I'm getting charged for TV time when there's nothing being broadcast but commercials. That's just not right.

Sigh...OK...climing down off of my soapbox now...