Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
irishdancersgram

Taking Back my Vent....

irishdancersgram
16 years ago

After thinking, I'm being very selfish...I am very blessed and have no reason to vent...My son is OK, the water man replaced the meter, at no cost), we're able to get a new microwave and have the TV fixed...And as far as the shed, with the equipment our oldest son has, he can move it...With all the problems in this world, mine are very minor....So now I really feel better....

Have a good weekend, everyone,

Dorothy

Comments (10)

• biwako_of_abi
    16 years ago

That's great, Dorothy. I'm glad you're feeling better. We all need to vent sometimes, and that can help us feel better, but you're absolutely right. Most times, if we pit our problems against the frightful things we read about in the papers, we can find a new way to view them. I'm going to try to do that more often.

• vicky4x4
    16 years ago

Sorry you had a bad day. But it's great you can look at the brighter side of things.

Here's a ((hug)) from me.

Vicky

• patruth
    16 years ago

I was just saying this morning ,to my husband and son, that we really should count our blessings often after reading in the paper about people in Asia having to share the few dry spots with many poisoness snakes. They have been having bad floods and dozens, and maybe hundreds have been bitten by the snakes.

• nassongrad_nh
    16 years ago

Dorothy, I'm glad you're feeling better. I was going to apologize for perhaps 'borrowing' some of your good luck over the last week. I spent ten days stressing over a mammogram call back and then two hours being intensely retested yesterday...only to be told that they found absolutely nothing but 100% normal tissue! So, thank you very much for the loan of the extra good luck. I owe you and I won't soon forget it! :)

• nana24
    16 years ago

Dorthy,
    Glad you feel better too. I find when I can get things out and look at them it is easier to put them in prospective but in the mean time we need to get them out!

nassongrad, congratulations on your good report!

Sally

• glassquilt
    16 years ago

Sounds like it was the 'total' that was upsetting. Each by itself spread out probably wouldn't have caused you to bat an eye. Things happening one right after the other can get anyone down.

• grammyp
    16 years ago

You are forgiven Dorothy. Sometimes just "talking" about things can put them into perspective. I'm glad your son is ok and things are getting better.

beverly

• laurainsdca
    16 years ago

Dorothy,

Sometimes we just get OVERWHELMED. Each issue may be something we can deal with, but when they hit all at once, it feels like there is no solution.
    Glad you were able to step back and get perspective on each thing and that they are all working out. (It's a good thing you don't drink!!!! LOL.) I was going to tell you regarding the shed, I believe there are "right of use" laws in many states where if the other land owner doesn't protest for a certain amount of time, they can't, 100 years later, decide to tell you your shed is on their property -- but if your son is able to move it that's a much better/simpler solution than a legal battle. Those laws may be just for roads/easements too.

• glassquilt
    16 years ago

I have heard it referred to as Open and Notorious Possession. Also Adverse Possession

Here is a link that might be useful: Article on types of possession

• mary_c_gw
    16 years ago

Perspective is good, and I'm glad you found some. BUT, sometimes your toe or finger gets slammed in a door, and it's just impossible not to yell "OUCH!"

That's the kind of day you had, and your vent was your "OUCH". Such is life, and none of us will judge you for the OUCH. We all have them.

Mary

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH