Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
update on hubby

Posted by caroline1947 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 23, 07 at 16:08

Just to let you know the test results came back and it was malignant.One alternative was to drive 120 miles 5 days a week for 12 weeks for radiation. That is out of the question,with gas prices. And even then, the doctor said there were no guarantees. The second option is a series of pills that retard further growth and shrink the prostate.So we did that and he had his first shot today.The doctor wants him in tomorrow early for a bone scan,to see if it has spread,if not,thats good. If it has there isnt much to be done.Thank you all for the support and prayers. Caroline

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: update on hubby

Dang! Ain't it a b-i-t-c-h!!! I hate biopsies. They totally take the fun outta "maybe". They screw with your life's plans don't they. What you thot would be is suddenly air. The back of my mind is contemplating widowhood and I don't like it..not one bit.
I sincerely hope you guys make it!!!
HEY!!! A friend of ours survived prostrate cancer! Fifteen years later he's still driving his wife nuts!!!!!!
Hang in there
Bon
:)

o

Oh Caroline, I'm so sorry to read this. I will certainly be praying for your DH's health and for both of you to be able to find some measure of comfort during this "wait and see what happens" time. Take care of each other.

Linda

o

Caroline, I'm so sorry to hear of your hubbies results. We went through this with my dad 3 years ago. He did the radiation, 36 treatments, we went every day even when he didn't want to. He is still doing well today, we went last week and his numbers were 0.000 so you can't ask for much better. Hang in there, I will keep you, your hubby and family in my prayers. I am here for you.

o

Caroline, I'm sorry to hear this. Try to keep a positive attitude. Take it one day at a time. I'm sending good thoughts and prayers your way.

Janice

o

Caroline, I'm so sorry. I, too, am sending good thoughts and prayers.....

SharonG/FL (still in Indiana)

o

Caroline,
Just wanting to let you know you are thought of this morning. I'm saying a prayer for your day.

Hugs,
Sally

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here