Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vicky4x4

Who's hot this weekend?

vicky4x4
16 years ago

It's in the 90's here and without AC I feel like I'm about to melt!!! Later they're calling for thunderstorms with hail...

I'm not even sewing; if you move around you start to sweat.

Vicky

Comments (7)

• quiltingleelee
    16 years ago

I love my Florida sunshine but sometimes i wish I lived somewhere a little cooler and alot LESS HUMID!!!! I have no idea what the temp is today but its so hot i dont even want to go outside...

• jennifer_in_va
    16 years ago

I think we were high 90s today with heat index at or around 106! DH & I had a nice long motorcycle ride to Williamsburg and back...about 7 hours on the bike, on the highway and in the sun!

Time away from kids...priceless!

• gerizone5
    16 years ago

Hit 95 today and very humid, like a steam bath. Just got a storm and hopefully it will cool it down. And this is upstate NY. Must be global warming. Did some sewing upstairs where there is no air conditioning and when the sweat was rolling off of me went downstairs in the air conditioning to cool off and then back up again. Later in the afternoon went to my son's pool and swam.

• teresa_nc7
    16 years ago

Woo wheeee! It was up to 100 here today....AGAIN! I took the dog out about 3 pm and could not get cooled down and I was only outside less than 15 minutes. This extreme weather really wears on me. We've had temps in the 90s and 100s for several weeks now. I don't even have much of an appetite - yikes! something must be wrong with me! LOL!

• nana24
    16 years ago

Here in So. Louisiana we have heat and humidity regularly and would not think of living without AC. However, this has been an exceptional year. We have broken more records this summer than in a long time. We get this hot but it is only a day or two at a time. It has been about 3 weeks now and it is only slightly cooler.
    Wow, I think of NY as being much cooler than us. Remember to drink plenty of water and stay out of the sun.

Sally

• mary_c_gw
    16 years ago

Well, only 96 here - heat index at 103! the a/c in my studio was straining!!

I quilted a quilt for my neighbor who is recovering from a spinal injury. She pieced a Boston Commons pattern from charm squares for her grand-daughter. It's a small lap-sized quilt, so it only took me a couple of hours to quilt. I'll try to get a photo tomorrow.

• janice__indiana5
    16 years ago

After a week with some record breaking temps.(100), our low tonight is to be 61 :) Mid to upper 80's next week! Now if we could get some nice easy rain showers.... Looks like the corn crop will be early due to record high temps and lack of rain.

Janice